Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 11-25-2012, 07:33 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Default Since you got an iOS device which games have sucked away your life?

There have been a few games which I spent way too long playing, much to the annoyance of my other half.

Most recently, Asphalt 7 has been played to death on my iPad. There's just something addictive about trying to get the higher end cars and the shiny graphics. Also it is unbelievably fast at times and runs so smoothly on the iPad. Just before I decided to give that a go, I was hooked on VS Racing 2 for a good couple of weeks. This is a great top down little racer, which plays differently on the iPad (you see more of the track) and phone.

Prior to that, it was probably Pinball Arcade, again on the iPad and this was mainly time spent trying not to lose the ball immediately. The tables are pretty close to the real thing and it's plays really smoothly.

On my iPhone, I got hooked on Tiny Tower for a while, which basically turned into grinding for the hell of it with minimal enjoyment but that was after several days of enjoyment as my tower grew. Infinity blade also sucked a lot of time away as I tried to get all the weapons etc.
Canabalt is a game a mate recommended and I got pretty good at it. It's basically a endless side scroller where you jump across platforms.

When I first got my first iPod, Angry Birds was on the go until I got 3 stars on every level, got a new iPod and would have had to start from scratch. Also Doodle Jump was played quite a bit but i'm still rubbish at it.

Vectrex Regeneration is coming up soon and combined with my iCade, which has not been used too often (even though I managed to pick up iMame), it should prove a deadly combo.

Well, that's all the time suckers that I can remember off the top of my dome. How about you?
Old 11-25-2012, 07:48 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Most recently:

Bad Piggies - easily the best thing Rovio have done, anything that inspires experimentation and creativity is a win in my book.

Coaster Crazy - Made by the RC Tycoon 3 devs, what more is there to say? Creativity again, there are an unlimited number of rollercoasters sitting in my head that need to be brought to life.

Link-a-Pix - Relaxation time. I tend to play this while watching TV or listening to podcasts/radio shows. Once you get to grips with them they become fantastic games for playing without really thinking, allowing your mind to wander. I'm a fan of laziness.

In between all of the above: True Skate - Just can't avoid tapping the icon while deciding what to do next.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:07 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I too got trapped by Angry Piggies, it is really a quality little game. On topic the games that I play more are the 4x sims ala Starbase Orion and pinball tables. On pinball my favorites are the Little wing ones and the Last Gladiators pinball.

Lately Ive been playing Road Trip 2, it has became my official toilet game and I blame Touch Arcade for that as I havent heard of the game until it appeared on the FP.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Asphalt 7 and Grand theft auto. Chinatown wars, I just love riding a car in the open world and killing people fr fun lol.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Tower Madness for me. Play it far too much. Recently Zombie Tsunami has taken up a lot of my time. I can't help it but I always end up going back to an Angry Birds game of some sort.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavarotti2007 View Post
Tower Madness for me. Play it far too much. Recently Zombie Tsunami has taken up a lot of my time. I can't help it but I always end up going back to an Angry Birds game of some sort.
Used to play a lot of fragger but now I play angry birds and bad piggies
Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Pocket legends. I played that game for a year and a half, wasted all my time and money in it. It was a great game until the developers nerfed everything up.

I played many other games but I don't regret a minute playing them.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:39 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

i've spent most of my time on these games:

- tiny wings
- flight control
- monsters at my condo
- polymer
- monster flip
- galaxy on fire 2

more recently Dream of Pixels has been taking up a bit of time, so i'm sure it will end up in my top 5 games played...
Old 11-25-2012, 11:54 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post
i've spent most of my time on these games:

- tiny wings
- flight control
- monsters at my condo
- polymer
- monster flip
- galaxy on fire 2

more recently Dream of Pixels has been taking up a bit of time, so i'm sure it will end up in my top 5 games played...
How did I forget Tiny Wings!?! Hours and hours on that little baby. Haven't bothered much post update but my god I spent a lot of time on it.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:43 PM

Bloons,bloons td3