Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 11-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMarc View Post
I appreciate all the responses. Looks like the Ampen Hybrid will meet my needs (ARC Squadron was one of the games I had in mind for it ). Thanks again!
Yeah, let me know how you like it. But trust me, hybrid is where it is at, and I have tried over 30 styluses. My first stylus was a Targus, and while i is ok, once I got a hybrid, I stopped using all of my other styluses unless for art or handwriting.

And the ampen hybrid comes with a removeable dongle that attaches to the headphone jack, which I don't usually use, but sometime is nice.

Also, some of those one dollar styluses on amazon aren't bad, some as good as a targus, but they break from time to time. One time bought one of these, traded this to my friend for a targus. Then I traded that targus for a bamboo stylus from another friend.

Suffice to say, I got the $30 bamboo stylus for less than a buck. Bamboo is made really well, but it is heavy and big. But the accuracy of the tip is awesome. Fun to use once in a while.

I also have a brush stylus which is great for shmups, and is super lightweight. But not good for multipurpose cause it covers more of the screen.

Anyway, trust me, you will love the ampen hybrid, for gaming it is number one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008MOHLVC
Old 11-25-2012, 09:49 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Yeah, let me know how you like it. But trust me, hybrid is where it is at, and I have tried over 30 styluses. My first stylus was a Targus, and while i is ok, once I got a hybrid, I stopped using all of my other styluses unless for art or handwriting.
thanks for the info, will keep on my wishlist.

http://www.amazon.com/Hybrid-Stylus-...dp/B008MOHLVC/
Old 11-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Here you go, a picture of all my styluses.

The hybrid stylus is on the far right, notice the tip is silver mesh with a rubber tip inside.

There is also a brush stylus, good for shmups, not much else, moves really smooth though. Bought this for $5 at marshalls for playing shmups.

A good pen stylus for using as a pen. I got this for free at a career fair. I like the size and shape, feels great in my hand, what a great freebie.

A targus overpriced one that I traded someone for a $1 stylus I got from amazon.

A $30 bamboo that I got for a buck, traded someone a $1 stylus for a targus, then that targus for a bamboo for a disgrunted owner. The bamboo is good for drawing and handwriting and for web pages that the text is really small. Not a good overall stylus due to its weight and length. Very heavy, but very solid, feels like a good pen. Also has removeable tips.

A belkin stylus I traded for a $1 stylus.

Two thin styluses, think I paid less than 33 cents for each of them.

Anyway, spent about $7 for the ampen hybrid, $5 for one dollar styluses which I traded, $5 for the brush one, so a total of about $20 for all of these styluses. A great deal. The $1 styluses on amazon are really good, some far outpeform targus. I had bought the jot to try, but it is lousy for gaming and internet. It is good for handwriting though.

But the ampen hybrid is the best by far for overall use. The only one that is a must buy. But I enjoy having them all for their own purposes, and for having fun, I interchange a lot. But as you can see, I have made stylus trading a hobby. But the only one you really need is a hybrid like the ampen hybrid. Great for the web, games like arc squadron, and great for shmups.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (342.5 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Connector; 11-26-2012 at 05:25 PM..
Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

My favorite stylus the ampen hybrid with my current ipad setup minus the soundfreaq wireless speaker which I also recommend highly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (293.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 11-26-2012, 05:49 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to Pman

Quote:
My favorite stylus the ampen hybrid with my current ipad setup minus the soundfreaq wireless speaker which I also recommend highly.
Nice little setup. I bought the amPen stylus from the reviews I've heard from you guys so I am confident it will be good. As for the bamboo, you gotta love how precise that baby is. It is just such a fine point, you can use it for notes in math and such. I use penultimate for almost all my math related things.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:03 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Was that picture taken at The Glendale Galleria Mall in Glendale Ca?
Old 11-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Hannahan View Post
Was that picture taken at The Glendale Galleria Mall in Glendale Ca?
No, it was at a local university.