Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-26-2012, 01:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Have you tried turning off all the bells and whistles? Is that even possible in the free version?
Hmm, not sure. I didn't see any bells and whistles though, just bog standard graphics running at around 20 FPS on an iPad 2.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:48 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

As a buyer of the previous version I do feel slightly lied to. As far as I remember, he promised to keep updates free for first time buyers. Yes, it was only a buck and I wont cry wolf about it, but I still do not like being lied to. If it contains everything from the PC Version this time though, this game is worth to buy.

Still, I dont understand why he removed the "PPV" Version we purchased. If we purchase this, how long will it take for an Ultra Version to get released and the Pro to be removed? MDickies Update Policy leaves me disappointed and I have a hard time recommending this.

Last edited by tblrsa; 11-26-2012 at 01:57 AM..
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Hmm, not sure. I didn't see any bells and whistles though, just bog standard graphics running at around 20 FPS on an iPad 2.
It's slightly hidden.
From the main menu screen when you go into options you have to click on the tv screen/monitor in the top right hand corner to turn on/off extra things like max amount of guys in the ring and shadows etc.

For me though this is fantastic I loved the PPV edition and played it for ages on my iPod4g but had to turn off things like animated crowd and shadows etc to get it to run smooth. But lucky me just got a new ipad last Friday and now this which now runs sweet.
Played the career mode for a couple f hours last night and its damn cool. You get news/stats in between fights and even fake twitter messages from the other wrestlers.

For people having control troubles you have to make sure you play through the tutorials as back when I first started playing the PPV edition I think it took me twice through the tutorials before it finally really clicked.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:50 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Is it still possible to kill wrestlers and tear their limbs off? It was possible in the PC Build.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Well, the PPV version consisted of a ton of exhibition matches that were basically set in stone. You couldn't change any of the characters, set match stipulations, etc...right? While I literally just downloaded this to my device, I haven't tried it out yet (will do within 10 mins)...but it's quite clear from the description and the screenshots that there's a full career mode and you can now change details in exhibition matches. If the PPV version has indeed been completely replaced with this (forcing you to buy this version, instead of updating), I don't know how anyone could complain considering the amount of content we were given with WR PPV for just a dollar. If this contains the same content PLUS all this new stuff (I really should try it before posting this, yeah? ), then I'd say it's easily worth another $5. Off to try it out.
They could complain if they NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO INSTALL IT.

Oh, and I've said this before, but MDickie jas been making indie wrestling for PC's for a decade or more. Try googling, maybe his old website is still up.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Banned
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

the best wrestling game made for iphone
Old 11-26-2012, 11:50 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This game is a ridiculous amount of fun.
I love the career mode the way you sign contracts and can make demands or turn down contracts and matches and The news paper/magazine articles after and before each match telling you whats Been happening There's so much content,
also the way the GM makes decisions for you like what you'll wear and even what stance you'll take.
I can't believe I've got WWE13 on my shelf and a game made by one guy and only cost 3 can be so much more fun.
THQ should take note as this is how to make a career mode.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:44 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
i can't believe i've got wwe13 on my shelf and a game made by one guy and only cost 3 can be so much more fun.
Thq should take note as this is how to make a career mode.
must.make.time.to.play.career.mode.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:53 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I remember being very hesitant about playing PPV because of the graphics looking all like paper cut-outs. Then I gave it a try and then got all the updates and couldn't put the game down. The amount of references and parodies and homages is absolutely hilarious. The match modes are also very entertaining. You get everything from Tag Team matches to cage matches to rumble matches to hardcore matches. Even submission matches.

Anyway, I don't know what's going on but I don't know why there's a new version out with a career mode and all. If what some of you are saying is true about the original being taken down, then I guess I can only recommend this to beginners. I'm still having fun with the original. I MIGHT buy this in the future, but not right now. Just don't feel like spending $4.99 on a game I sort of already have and should have still been receiving free updates on.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:22 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

To above. The original game was only 69p your never going to get free updates for ever the old PPV version had absolutely loads of content to money ratio.
If the dev needs a little more money to keep making more content then IMO he deserves it. (Bear in mind this is made by one guy)

Also it's worth noting that we are getting a good deal on iOS because the same game on android is a monthly subscription of 69p per month and we only have to pay one payment of 3.