Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-26-2012, 09:13 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Developers: Seeing largely negative reviews of Bladeslinger, will you consider pulling this game from the Appstore? Go back to the drawing board, rethink the controls, be more gracious with the IAPs, for God's sake make the monsters look different, and make the combat less locked-down.

Bladeslinger deserves so much more. At this rate, the game is going to be forgotten within 2 weeks at most.

And by the way, I finished the game yesterday. Never died once I restarted and got the health regenerator. Was fun (the only plus of the game), but I don't have the urge whatsoever to go and play it again on a harder difficulty, much less do that three more times!!! Fights are way too repetitive, and by the fifth chapter actually, even the fun factor started wearing thin. All around, Bladeslinger is everything that could go wrong with a game contrary with what you have to say about this (besides the mighty impressive visuals of course!). Come on, one or two people could be wrong, but do you still think the game is great anymore after so much negative feedback?

Noooooo!!!!!! Don't say that!!!!!!! If anyone pulls this game from the AppStore I will be really mad. I think this game is close to infinity blade maybe even better.

I agree Bladeslinger deserves more positive reviews!

Last edited by Mhunt190; 11-27-2012 at 05:26 AM..
Old 11-27-2012, 12:06 AM

Easy fix is to lower IAP game currency costs or up fight earnings, perhaps even just restore health between fights. Combat itself is fine, I prefer it to any other system I've seen on iOS personally. There's no need to take it off the store or demand new content, fix or offer alternatives to existing systems sure, but for its price you more than get your money's worth.

I do wish something could be done about Second Wind and Regeneration, but its a bit late for that now seeing as some people probably already paid for it.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:13 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunt190 View Post
Noooooo!!!!!! Don't say that!!!!!!! If anyone pulls this game from the AppStore I will be really mad. I think this game is close to infinity blade maybe even better.

I agree Bladeslinger deserves more!
I have an idea for dev. Why not include the content originally planned for EP2 as a free update to EP1? This will win you a lot of good wills among gamers (and really make EP1 a worthy release), and then go back to drawing board and think about a new sequel. I'm ok with the new control style, and don't need IAP anyway, but the lack of variation and content is my biggest complaint. Basically we're talking about the regular or armored zombie, the reaper, barman, and the sheriff. That's it.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Banned
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Beautiful looking game and exciting combat! I love that it has free roaming environments too.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:10 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I'm stuck at Chapter 2, General Blacksmith. Where to go next after defeating the boss inside? Went back all the way to the start of chapter 2 but still can't find a way to progress.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
I'm stuck at Chapter 2, General Blacksmith. Where to go next after defeating the boss inside? Went back all the way to the start of chapter 2 but still can't find a way to progress.
You've already defeated the Barman? If so, there should be a trigger at the bottom of the stairs inside the Saloon where you click to walk upstairs to the Bordello. This ends Chapter 2.

Brett
@kerosenegames
kerosenegames.com
Old 11-27-2012, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitt View Post
Beautiful looking game and exciting combat! I love that it has free roaming environments too.
Thanks, hellokitt!

Brett
@kerosenegames
kerosenegames.com
Old 11-27-2012, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunt190 View Post

I agree Bladeslinger deserves more!
We're actually working an update that should be available next month, and plan to continue working on additional content and improvements / polish for many months still. And of course, we're taking many of our cues from the feedback of this community.

If you'd like to support us in this effort, one of the most helpful things you can do is to rate and review the game in the App Store. We *ARE* just a small team of good-hearted developers trying to make ambitious games that break new ground and appeal to traditional core gamers. We think that's you guys (right?), so your feedback is really important to us. Keep it coming and thanks so much for all the well wishes & comments here and via PM. You guys are great

Brett
@kerosenegames
kerosenegames.com
Old 11-27-2012, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
I was fully ready and willing to disagree with the PG review, but I have to say, it's either new and amazing or IAPs... you simply cannot do both and hope to survive as a developer.

Some do OK, but even then, the IAP conversation starts, and sales start dropping. I can think of endless streams of friends who haven't and won't buy many of the latest "Premium + IAP" titles, simply because, well, it's not worth it when there are literally thousands and thousands of other titles out there.

I am more than willing to argue with PG's complaints about the controls. I honestly feel that you need to get used to them before they truly start to shine. However, if you're simultaneously trying to learn to use the control system while not having your wallet pried open? After paying for the game once? And at a premium level price?

Yeah, good luck selling both of those together...

DBC
We think these are fair points, for sure. The combination of not doing a good enough job coaching new players through the new control design AND perhaps being a bit too lean on currency awards in battle (particularly for players that haven't adequately learned evasion and defense -- dodging and blocking)...it can feel like a trap. And other games with IAP *do* this, so it's understandable that games might think the same of Bladeslinger if they're playing, and it feels tough, and they don't know how to get better, and the easiest path to success seems to just be IAP. Not great on our part, and we're definitely working to make this better.

In the update we have planned for next month, you'll see some work we've done to address both of these issues. A little softer difficulty ramp, particularly in Chapters 1 and 2, combined with improved instructions for learning the controls and combat systems. We think if players give the game a chance and stick with it, as many players on this forum have done, they'll like it and realize there are no paywalls in the game, no traps set to be unlocked only with IAP...only a challenging game with plenty to explore and discover for the determined player who enjoys a challenge and building skill.

Bladeslinger is not perfect. We know that. But we are proud of the game we've made and we want to keep making it better by incorporating feedback into updates from players like you guys. Thank you all for taking the time to play our game and let us know what you think!

Brett
@kerosenegames
kerosenegames.com
Old 11-27-2012, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromstock View Post
Stuck. In front of the closed gates of Hammer's Peak after beating the critters that threw boulders. Bug, or am I missing sth?
Are you not seeing a door trigger (big orange circle) at the town gates?

Brett
@kerosenegames
kerosenegames.com