• Device: Universal
  • Size: 319.0 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: TouchArcade -
"...ARC Squadron embodies what makes an iOS game great and is a must-play."

G4TV - Game of the Week
"Without question, Arc Squadron is one of the best space shooters weve ever played on iOS."

Kotaku - Gaming App Of The Day
"ARC Squadron is a delight."

Inside Mobile Games
"ARC Squadron raises the bar for quality among iOS games"

148Apps.com
"Not very often does a newcomer impress, quite to the level that ARC Squadron has"

GameTrailers
"Some of the best visuals weve seen on iOS"

Modojo
"You should definitely play and enjoy this impressively polished shooter"

An evil race known as the Guardians is taking over the universe, ravaging planets, and killing all peaceful life forms. You are the galaxy's only hope for salvation. As an elite pilot serving in the ARC Squadron, you are tasked to take on the Guardians in head-to-head combat and bring down their empire.

With simple one-touch controls, you can shoot, blast, and annihilate enemy forces to hunt down each of the nine Guardian lords and destroy them once and for all. The ultimate battle for the galaxy is nigh. Are you on board?

* Stunning graphics, optimized for Retina display
* Massive sixty-four level campaign
* More than twenty unique environments
* Fifteen challenge levels
* Nine boss battles
* Six upgradeable ships, with unlockable ship skins
* Ten upgradeable weapons
* Gamecenter friend challenges, leaderboards and achievements

Echoseven's comments:

Lite Version: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/arc-squadron-lite/id564247225

11-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I only bought each plane and didn't upgrade any of them...and only had the fully upgraded laser..so I was able to buy the 1.5mil plans towards the last 1-2 sets of levels.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
11-25-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm a bit late to this party but gotta say this is an awesome game. Reminds me of my first ever cd-rom game, Rebel Assault, which I seem to remember being one of the first games to make my jaw hit the floor back in the day.

I didn't think much to the lite version and had already deleted it, but seeing this thread keep popping up and the great comments I thought I'd buy the full version and I'm really loving it now, so thanks TA forum posse!

11-26-2012, 04:37 PM
I love developers that heard our requests!!! Update is out with iCloud support!!!
Yeahhhhhhh!!!

iPhone 6 + 4S + iPad 3 + Mac Mini

GameCenter: dadiduekappa
11-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadiduekappa View Post
I love developers that heard our requests!!! Update is out with iCloud support!!!
Yeahhhhhhh!!!
Haven't seen the update yet, but if true, thank you so much for the icloud! Makes me love the game even more!
11-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Haven't seen the update yet, but if true, thank you so much for the icloud! Makes me love the game even more!
It's indeed out:
-Icloud
-Higher sensitivity option
-New items

Find me on Twitter
11-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
It's indeed out:
-Icloud
-Higher sensitivity option
-New items
Wow, higher sensitivity, great, icloud, super! Great update!

Also, if any of you want a stylus for arc squadron or as xmas gifts, see the following thread,

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...=1#post2552005

The ampen hybrid is great for this game, see my post in that thread for details.
11-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Finally the setting for even higher sensitivity makes this game perfect for me. Hooray. Great job guys!
11-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Anyone else lose progress? How do u get icloud going? Man losing progress is happening to me alot lately...
11-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I lost progress as well as is all upgrades from the IAP I bought to support the devs
11-26-2012, 08:05 PM
What are the new items? Also, having crashes on my new ipod 5g.