Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-21-2012, 10:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Haven't tried it. Hadn't come across it before even. I have ip5 and iPad 2 so covered device wise.
I'll have to give it a shot just for the comparison. It's not expensive at 1.99 so won't bother with the lite version.
Thanks for the info.
Do let me know your thoughts, privately if you prefer; I'm genuinely curious.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

This game is sold as a sim but it's always far from a sim. Cars never respond well to breaking around corners which is ironic since one would think these SPORTS CARS are design with racing in mind, so they would have better traction and handling. But with RR2 prepare to start breaking VERY early or else, there goes your backend.

In terms of physic n AI, Reckless Racing 2 mops the floor with RR2 in the physics department as well as AI. in Reckless R2, hitting your opponent has immediate consequences for both of you. Also your cars reaction after you hit the railing depends on how fast you were going as we'll as the angle. So in reality, Reckless R2 is closer to a SIM than RR2 has ever been. And when it comes to AI, I have a lot of fun with it. Cause the Reckless R2 AI drivers aren't perfect. They make mistakes. I have witnessed multiple car collisions in Reckless 2 that had nothing to do with my input. Just too many cars going through a tight turn with excess speed. In RR2 I was able to cause a few big collisions when the game first came out. Now after the many useless updates, the AI drivers are pretty much like driving tanks. Not thanks firemint, it's just not fun!

So far in all the interviews I've read about RR3, all I hear is "console graphics" and "time shifted multiplayer". Yes those are great but I'm beginning to feel like there's not much else worth talking about and RR3 will be RR2 with console graphics, new multiplayer mode, real tracks, more cars and that will be it. Crappy fake physics will remain as will perfect AI.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:10 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
You can tell by the level of rhetoric whether someone is worthy of engaging in conversation. That guy's forum name should have been a big red flag .
I know, you're right, I really should have known better.
I always tend to fall for it when I have a lot of support for the dev and their product.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:15 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Do let me know your thoughts, privately if you prefer; I'm genuinely curious.
I'll post on its own thread after I've got some decent play time , don't want to post too off topic here even though its a relevant comparison.
But initial physics impressions are good and when you said heavily on the sim side, you weren't joking. That's a good thing though.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I know, you're right, I really should have known better.
I always tend to fall for it when I have a lot of support for the dev and their product.
Yes, we understand fanboys can't help to attack anyone with different opinions about their precious game. At the end though it's only a game and others are still entitled to their POV.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:34 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidfart View Post
Yes, we understand fanboys can't help to attack anyone with different opinions about their precious game. At the end though it's only a game and others are still entitled to their POV.
I in no way attacked you whatsoever, I certainly disagreed with your opinion which, if you can express an opinion, going by your argument, I'm entitled to disagree with it.
I, however, don't have to lower my own standards and use swear words (which a moderator had to edit out of your post) and rhetoric along your lines. I can verbalise in a much more civilised manner.
And if being a supporter of a developer and enjoying their products leads to being called a fanboy, call me fanboy all you want, I thoroughly am a Firmonkeys fanboy and eagerly anticipate all their games. No problem with that whatsoever.
And, finally, this is a games forum so it is perfectly normal to engage on the subject of games and games impressions despite the subject matter being "only a game".

Last edited by Rip73; 10-22-2012 at 09:43 PM..
Old 10-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I in no way attacked you whatsoever, I certainly disagreed with your opinion which, if you can express an opinion, going by your argument, I'm entitled to disagree with it.
I, however, don't have to lower my own standards and use swear words and rhetoric along your lines. I can verbalise in a much more civilised manner.
And if being a supporter of a developer and enjoying their products leads to being called a fanboy, call me fanboy all you want, I thoroughly am a Firmonkeys fanboy and eagerly anticipate all their games. No problem with that whatsoever.
And, finally, this is a games forum so it is perfectly normal to engage on the subject of games and games impressions despite the subject matter being "only a game".
Nice effort in trying to make face, civilized person. But guess what... too late!

I'm just a gamer loyal to no dev. I call it as I see it. Please don't bother replying to my sub-standard rethorics cause I won't read it. But I know you can't help your highly civilized self!

Last edited by Solidfart; 10-22-2012 at 10:52 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 11:34 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Needs iPhone/Touch 5 widescreen support. Please add.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I find this game to be real weak in the simulation aspect. All that was done was made cars harder than normal to control. A real simulation of a racing game would be to have the feel of the wheels as you drive. When I play this game all I feel is the car driving on ice. This game needs harder breaking since the feel on that is way too weak as well.
I rather play a Need for speed game.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Guns View Post
I find this game to be real weak in the simulation aspect. All that was done was made cars harder than normal to control. A real simulation of a racing game would be to have the feel of the wheels as you drive. When I play this game all I feel is the car driving on ice. This game needs harder breaking since the feel on that is way too weak as well.
I rather play a Need for speed game.
Edit: Well fug me.. Wrong damn game.

Disregard if you read that.

I will say though, that your observations are weaker then the games said breaks.

So I'll ask again.. Ever driven a car before?

Last edited by k1lljoy_89; 11-27-2012 at 05:42 PM..