Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidfart View Post
Dead Space
Bastion
MC3
FIFA 13
If you say Fifa 13 is console quality then you really have never played a football game on PS or PC. Man, Fifa 13 sucked. The graphics are meh, controls all over the place. I love to play intricate football - through balls, chips, crossing from side to side...all these are very, very difficult to pull off on a touchscreen, much less a touchscreen game that has got boatloads of buttons that provide no feedback or feel whatsoever.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
If you say Fifa 13 is console quality then you really have never played a football game on PS or PC. Man, Fifa 13 sucked. The graphics are meh, controls all over the place. I love to play intricate football - through balls, chips, crossing from side to side...all these are very, very difficult to pull off on a touchscreen, much less a touchscreen game that has got boatloads of buttons that provide no feedback or feel whatsoever.
Putting controls aside, console FIFA has commentary, full teams, full stadiums, different balls, tricks, fouls, replays, day/night cicles, cheap AI, ect... All those features are intact in the iOS version, and that's what makes it console quality. Not weather or not the controls suit you! Granted, my BIG problem with iOS FIFA is the cheap ass AI and from what I understand, it's exactly the same from the console version.

On my list I forgot to mention also Soul Caliber, which is another excellent 1:1 port.

Last edited by Solidfart; 11-27-2012 at 02:13 AM..
Old 11-27-2012, 01:35 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I just read something on Kotaku that made me think of this thread, since a few people were comparing iOS games to Vita games in order to try and verify the "console quality" theory.

"If you've seen a commercial for the Vita, you've probably heard Sony's big tagline. "Get console-quality gaming with the PlayStation Vita." Not a bad selling point, and maybe the Vita does offer console-quality gaming. But it sure as hell doesn't offer console-quality games."

So there you go. Maybe both Vita and iOS have the potential, but it is yet to be fully realised. Here's the article if anyone wants to read:

http://kotaku.com/5963568/the-vita-i...-screwed-it-up
Old 11-27-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I just read something on Kotaku that made me think of this thread, since a few people were comparing iOS games to Vita games in order to try and verify the "console quality" theory.

"If you've seen a commercial for the Vita, you've probably heard Sony's big tagline. "Get console-quality gaming with the PlayStation Vita." Not a bad selling point, and maybe the Vita does offer console-quality gaming. But it sure as hell doesn't offer console-quality games."

So there you go. Maybe both Vita and iOS have the potential, but it is yet to be fully realised. Here's the article if anyone wants to read:

http://kotaku.com/5963568/the-vita-i...-screwed-it-up
I actually think a few of the games on vita are 'console quality'. Not AAA console quality, but Gravity Rush and Uncharted for example both look and play as well as or better than plenty of mid-range console games and have a respectable amount of content too. I've not come across any iOS games that you can say the same about.

I mostly agree with the article though in that there isn't a compelling enough reason to own a Vita over what else is out there. I do own one and I somewhat regret my purchase so far.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:11 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalB33R View Post
I never compare the value of my iPad solely on just gaming. If your buying a $500 iPad just for gaming, your stupid. You could buy a console plus like 4-5 new games and be set for a year or more.

iOS games may be coming closer to PS Vita or 3DS games and will probably exceed them, but consoles is really another story. No one compares gameplay and graphics of a PS Vita to a PS3. That's Apples vs oranges.
you can't say people stupid. IOS gaming deserves 500 bucks.
meanwhile, a newcomer to console do not need to pay that much, they can buy a second hand with a lot of games.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:15 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded87 View Post
I actually think a few of the games on vita are 'console quality'. Not AAA console quality, but Gravity Rush and Uncharted for example both look and play as well as or better than plenty of mid-range console games and have a respectable amount of content too. I've not come across any iOS games that you can say the same about.

I mostly agree with the article though in that there isn't a compelling enough reason to own a Vita over what else is out there. I do own one and I somewhat regret my purchase so far.
Gravity Rush is the only game that really stands out to me. Some of the Vita versions of multiplatform games look fine, but I own both 360 and PS3 already so I couldn't justify another console purchase without some more exclusives.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Gravity Rush is the only game that really stands out to me. Some of the Vita versions of multiplatform games look fine, but I own both 360 and PS3 already so I couldn't justify another console purchase without some more exclusives.
I also own both consoles (and an always dusty wii) and when my wife got me a Vita I wasnt that excited for the same reasons you mention.

Fortunately she also got GRush so I immediately tasted the potential of the console and started building my collection with games I didnt already owned on consoles like Rayman, NFS, Fifa, Metal Gear, etc. As you say they're all excellent ports and awesome to have in a more portable way but if I did owned those games already on ps3/xbox then it wouldnt make much sense to get them on Vita as I mostly play it at home.

All in all im very pleased with the Vita, is a fine piece of tech and I really hope it takes off in some form so we can get more games.

More on topic one Vita game I own that I think could be ported almost exactly to ios is Resistance BS, while I think its better than something like NOVA 3 i dont think that is a technical marvel and I have actually seen better graphics on some ios games.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentsLP View Post
Does this qualify?

YouTube: video
Nope, got the game and its quite good but its short on content and high on pushy iaps so that alone would kill the classic console quality definition.

Then again a lot of folks define console quality by visual quality so if thats your thing then yes, it could be considered that.

P.S. I showed Bladeslinger yesterday to a non gamer friend and he said that the game looked as good as a ps3 game, so there's that.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm still waiting for someone to come post here and say that angry birds is better than any console game and so should be console worthy. Anyone?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:29 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to Pman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to come post here and say that angry birds is better than any console game and so should be console worthy. Anyone?
Angry birds sure is pc worthy, like it is on chrome.

But in no way is angry birds console quality to be a full game. Maybe a mini game that is downloadable from the Xbox live marketplace.