Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-26-2012, 04:11 PM
iPad

Always china.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpill View Post
Thanks for stopping in again, good to know!

It may be getting too nuanced, but it could be interesting to have the Trojan plane DNA reward scale above 1 based on the number of people it infects, factoring on a few things:
Its an interesting idea but it is quite complex. Will add to the list but no promises. The trojan planes are already more complex than most people realise - i.e. you can use them to keep increasing infectivity and/or lethality in a target country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkesaber View Post
I confirm it's not working. Ndemic please address!

The metabolic jump is also not working, only awards 1 DNA instead of 2. The cytochrome surge seems also weak, very little bonus awarded.
Don't worry - I'm aware and on it!

Quote:
Despite my concern for my own sanity I decided to make one last DNA run to test whether leftover DNA may have a big impact on score. I think it does.

Since nothing exceeds like excess, I went to 2500 DNA, then bought everything except obsession until I got the enslaved message, then bought obsession and the game quickly ended.

9.2 million
That is a crazy long game :P

Quote:
With Nano-Virus you actually get points for evolving Paranoia, and cost for devolving never increases. Therefore with Sympto-Statis you can simply evolve and de-evolve Paranoia perpetually and save up as much DNA as you want from the start. Essentially it becomes the "unlimited DNA" cheat except you get a score.
Good spot - this is a loophole created by the gene combo. Its what I get for trying to be nice to you guys and not make nano-virus too hard. It will be fixed in the next update :P
Old 11-27-2012, 03:12 PM
iPad

Default New High Score

12.68m!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0061.jpg (69.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-27-2012, 05:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default New score

Nice one.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Okay I picked up the game yesterday, and I am having a blast. However, I am having a problem. I am trying to best the game with a virus on Normal, but I cannot get Greenland infected. Everybody else in the world gets infected, but the people of Greenland remain healthy. How do I bypass them?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul202 View Post
Okay I picked up the game yesterday, and I am having a blast. However, I am having a problem. I am trying to best the game with a virus on Normal, but I cannot get Greenland infected. Everybody else in the world gets infected, but the people of Greenland remain healthy. How do I bypass them?
Oh how I would love to bypass them but you can't.

Best recommendation, genes aquacyte, cold 1+2, drug 1 and high infective symptoms, with water 1. Don't overspend on transmissions, instead go for infective symptoms, coughing, sneezing, pneumonia, cysts, hyper sense, nausea, vomit, diarrhoea. A good symptom combo is way better than a transmission.

Start in china and don't kill to fast, Greenland gets infected from Iceland (mainly) but sometimes Norway/Sweden both of which are cold (hence pneumonia) and rich (hence hyper sense)

Post what you evolve in what order and I am sure someone in the forum will advise.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:13 PM
iPad

Default Fast never fail strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul202 View Post
This strategy works 100% of the time, even in brutal mode, and will have you beating Bacteria, Virus, Parasite, Prion, and Nano Virus in less than a year.

Genes: ATP Boost, Native Biome, Sympto-Stasis, Base Oxidasation, Urbophile

Starting Country: China

Evolve order

1. Rodent 1
2. All non-lethal symptoms (see pic below)
3. Seizures, Diarrhoea
4. Drug Resistance 1 & 2
5. Air 1, Water 1
6. Cold 1 , Heat 1
7. Necrosis
8. Air 2, Water 2
9. Cold 2 , Heat 2
10. Insect 1, Blood 1, Livestock 1
11. Wait until all islands infected (donít need to wait for land countries too )
12. All Remaining Symptoms (starting with Organ Failure, Hemorrhagic Shock, Dysentery)
13. Remaining Transmissions

Exception for Nano-Virus: Add Genetic Hardening 1&2 after #4

Works every time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0088.jpg (115.8 KB, 46 views)
Old 12-03-2012, 04:09 PM

Default Plague Inc. Plague in Space Achievement strategy

I finally figured out how to get the Plague in Space achievement! Here is what I did: Choose to play the Immune Plague cheat type on Brutal and start your plague in the USA. Start by getting the level one Drug Resistance (do not add any other drug resistance or genetic hardening because the cure is impossible. Drug Res 1 just allows the plague to spread faster in richer countries, like USA where you just started it). Then wait what seems like forever for your DNA to start building up. THEN...
-evolve air 1 and water 1
-evolve all level 1 symptoms available
-evolve air 2 and water 2
-evolve heat 1 and cold 1
-evolve bird 1 and insect 1
-now start evolving all level 2 symptoms but no level 3 symptoms yet ***once all humans are infected***
-evolve Immune Suppression for lethality
-evolve Siezures and Insanity **but** devolve Siezures to reduce lethality ***keep the lethality low by devolving any further symptoms that mutate Just wait now. In my case, the "Space Cure mission planne" message came up 4/2017. Then the "Space Cure mission launches!" message came up 7/2017. Then the "Space Cure mission failure!" message popped up 10/2017 and I got the Plague in Space achievement. This may not work on the first or second try, but keep on trying this combo and it will eventually work.

Good luck! -Jeff
Old 12-03-2012, 06:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Re. Space achievement

For a rough guide on how I do both the space and nuke achievements in the same game see my posting on page 90.

Insect is not required, true it adds to infectivity but with no cure we are not up against the clock. It also add to mutation chance and I prefer more control.

Drug 2 is required if you want to nuke. Bird 2 for China, cold 2 for Russia.

Last edited by Kayg0000; 12-03-2012 at 06:34 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 04:58 PM

Default Cheats Won't Unlock?

So after a couple hard weeks of playing this game I finally (as of about 10 minutes ago) beat all plagues on Brutal. Bio-Weapon was by far the hardest failing more times than any other plague combined. (At least hardest for my strategies)

After beating it I expected to unlock the cheats (as it even says so in the achievements) but nothing unlocked.

After beating everything, is there anything special I need to do to unlock this or is it bugged or what?