Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default PARALLAX 2 - Out Now! [universal]

Good news, earthlings!

Our game Parallax 2 is available on the AppStore now! Hop in your ship and get rid of those ugly aliens!
Oh - look! When destroyed, they drop crystals!! Pick them up to become even more powerful!
However, mighty powerups will help you to resist the attacks! Good luck!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-28-2012, 08:44 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Just bought this, has a nice range of control options (relative touch is the one i prefer), nice looking graphics, only played a few minutes but so far so good. Nice looking graphics, looking forward to finding out the later levels, well worth 69p so far. I'll play this much more later

Because of this i looked at their original Parallax game and just bought that, very very retro (chunky graphics etc) and quite basic but its a true retro shooter.

But i love horizontal shoot em ups, i'll be playing this later. Good game so far
Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

woah crap! Loved the first one, snaggin this one RIGHT NOW. =oD
Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

thanks guys! we hope you like it!

as for Parallax 1... there's an update on the way that will add iPhone5 support, better controls and an even more frantic gameplay.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:10 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Alrighty... so... I've only played 3 games, but so far; GREAT stuff!! Like PSJ said, there's nice control options (tilt, touch and relative touch) - and the collect gems to upgrade your ship (while in-game, and it auto-upgrades, and then starts back at it's lowest level at game over, there is no shop or upgrade menu) and move the multiplier forward is freak'n great. Plus the ONSLAUGHT of power-ups that start flying at you when you get going. Right now, my high score is only 50 million, but right now, along with the graphical updates, it looks like there's quite a few very nice gameplay element/mechanic updates for this sequel.

The one 'bad thing' is that it felt like it was lagging a bit on my 4th gen touch (though, I will say that I haven't expected new games to run perfectly on it for quite some time, so it's no real surprise) - but it plays beautifully on my iPad 2. Part of the reason it might feel that it's 'lagging' on the 4th gen is that along with the not-so-smooth gameplay, the controls do lag behind a bit. There's a set max speed for your ship, and it doesn't move quite as fast as your finger can across the screen. It's nothing too extreme like the original controls in Blazing Star or anything, but it is noticeable.

Anyway... GREAT stuff. Definitely recommended for shmup fans, and those of you who enjoyed the original Parallax. =oD

**edit**

sorry, little nitpicky thing - I started the game up again, and had to choose my control option again. Seems every time you exit the game it resets it to tilt. Is there any possibility of having the game remember what control option you last had?

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 11-28-2012 at 10:40 AM..
Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Seems every time you exit the game it resets it to tilt. Is there any possibility of having the game remember what control option you last had?
We'll add this feature with our first update...
Many thanks for your feedback!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canupa View Post
We'll add this feature with our first update...
Many thanks for your feedback!
Right on! Thanks so much! =oD

Oh yeah... got a better score... 71 million. I'm guessing right now, you've got that #1 spot? 1.8 million. =oP
Old 11-28-2012, 01:00 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Alrighty... I came across a bug. At around 75 Million, enemies just stopped appearing. The game kept spitting power-ups at me, but there were NO enemies. My score kept going up and up... I took a screen...

I doubt this could be done to achieve a highscore, because I didn't run into any enemies, and didn't come across any bosses (after a couple minutes of just letting the game run) so there was no way to die and get a gameover, and have the game submit the score...

I have no idea what happened beforehand, I know I did take out the second boss, and then BLAM nothing. Sorry I can't be of more help... =o/
Attached Images
File Type: png Parallax 2 Bug.PNG (625.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-28-2012, 01:26 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

well, first things first: I just added the control mode to the saved data. so your controls setup will be persistent.

but holy squabble on a glop! you found a bug!
thank you for making me work all night to find out what's going on
Old 11-28-2012, 04:24 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Great game! I love horizontal shmups and this is a prime example why. My only complaint, and this is just me being nitpicky, but the way the info bar at the bottom of the screen looks kinda kills any sense of forward motion for me. It makes it feel like your ship is just hovering above an even larger ship. Minor complaint, and my only one so far. Well done!