★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Absolutely loved Jet Set Radio Future on the Xbox, but even though I own a Dreamcast, I never go to play this one. Definitely looking forward to trying it now.
ya'll had it easy. it took me months to figure out how to skate backwards

11-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Hey Sanuku, thanks for posting the game play videos! Can you report on whether the touch controls are good or not? To be honest, it looks like you were running into some control-related issues during your play of the first mission.

--DotComCTO
11-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Oh boy. Just watched Sanuku's tutorial video...

Where am I going to come up with a Gig of space in the next 24 hours?

MC3, I'm looking at you...

DBC

I give up.
11-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymadison View Post
The Vita and XBox/PSN versions had controls WORSE than the already botched controls on the Dreamcast.
I read that in the TA preview so I was a bit worried about the XBLA version, but I personally didn't find the controls to be worse. They are as as I remember, and like MidianGTX said, you had to learn to work around it. There's also the added camera control, and the option to turn off the left trigger autofocus. And in fact, I think maybe graffiti is a little easier. In my memory I used to mess up more graffiti. Maybe I got mad skills now
11-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Even though it'd be pretty awesome playing Jet Set Radio on my iPod, I can't imagine getting through Grind-Square if the controls are as bad as they look in Sanuku's video.
11-28-2012, 12:03 PM
I'll be getting this tonight. As someone that was huge into the Dreamcast I've been really looking forward to it. Then next week Vice City.

What a great time to be an iOS gamer.

If only they'd port Shenmue.
11-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I'll be getting this tonight. As someone that was huge into the Dreamcast I've been really looking forward to it. Then next week Vice City.

What a great time to be an iOS gamer.

If only they'd port Shenmue.
Yeah i was thinking about Shenmue today! That and power stone...

Find me on Twitter
11-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet_Mcgee View Post
Even though it'd be pretty awesome playing Jet Set Radio on my iPod, I can't imagine getting through Grind-Square if the controls are as bad as they look in Sanuku's video.
+1
I see some serious issues in the mission 1 video just skating up a few ramps that can easily be reprogrammed to work better.
11-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Looks good and I'm really looking forward to playing this. Sega suprised me with how good Crazy Taxi was and hoping this is as good. I had a dreamcast and loved these 2 games so 12 or so years later to be playing them on an ipad mini is superb for me.