Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-28-2012, 07:24 AM

Total fake,game is pc only,and the screens are from the pc Steam Greenlight page...a mod should tag this accordingly.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 AM

I am still hoping that it is real . If it is really fake then how does stuff like this get past apple approval process? There was another fake game 2 weeks ago that was nothing like the screenshots or description (I know because I bought it).
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa View Post
I am still hoping that it is real . If it is really fake then how does stuff like this get past apple approval process? There was another fake game 2 weeks ago that was nothing like the screenshots or description (I know because I bought it).
I asked this a couple of weeks ago, apparently, they can send it into apple with real screenshots, get it successfully approved, then change the photos to these fake ones, which aren't reviewed by apple, developers can change app pictures on the app store without a review from apple
Old 11-28-2012, 09:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsIpad View Post
I asked this a couple of weeks ago, apparently, they can send it into apple with real screenshots, get it successfully approved, then change the photos to these fake ones, which aren't reviewed by apple, developers can change app pictures on the app store without a review from apple
I emailed apple and sent a moaney one about this app. Granted they do this 'trick' to change images but small things like no website surely is a bit of an obvious one ?

Apple 'seem' to do a good job stopping some apps but i'm scratching my head how something like this gets through
Old 11-28-2012, 09:53 AM

AlexsIpad, That makes total sense and explains this scheme. Thanks.

I posted on the Cry of Fear discussion forums to get their response about this too...

http://www.cry-of-fear.com/forum/index.php?topic=2946.0
Old 11-28-2012, 09:56 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Well theres one review on the app store by some poor bloke whos obviously bought it, seems like its a total scam from what hes put. Thankfully his review has saved a lot of other people money.

Avoid 100%.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Looked on the app store, if you click their support....

Takes you to the link above which is a crappy free site, no content just 'godaddy' type rubbish.

Not wanting to be o-t, but this has become a scam thread, sooo...

How important is the "dead link" thing? There was a game not too long ago that got a bit of buzz on TA before falling into the abyss. The game appeared to be built using a serious engine, and if I'm not mistaken, someone from TA with a good rep said they downloaded it and it was real but terrible.

I went to check it out, couldn't find much via the Google, ultimately clicked on their support link in iTunes, and ended up in one of those blog-type parking spaces. It kind of skeeved me out so I forgot about it.

I guess my question is: If a developer doesn't have some kind of minimal web presence, just how indicative is that, and of what possibly?

I realize we're speculating, but I respect your opinion and you've got me curious.

DBC
Old 11-28-2012, 11:08 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa View Post
Because the review process is a joke. If it doesn't kill an iphone or have titty balls, it gets through. I'de rather have a working tittyball app then a scam, but hey, it's the Apple way.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
How important is the "dead link" thing? There was a game not too long ago that got a bit of buzz on TA before falling into the abyss. The game appeared to be built using a serious engine, and if I'm not mistaken, someone from TA with a good rep said they downloaded it and it was real but terrible.
To be fair it doesnt matter so much about a support website. I'm used to apps which when you click on 'contact dev support' its just an email address (but the ones i've used in the past always get back to you).

If i click on a link and its 'help@greatiosgames.com' i often then check out their website.

I mean their link on this game didnt even go to a proper website, i presume the idiots registered the domain (so worth chasing them up as theres possibly a 'paper trail' as they say !) but to me that was a huge 'oh oh this could be a scam' moment.

Just reminds me of 419 scams, you know the ones 'give us your bank details and we'll give you 4 million dollars', often theyre from hotmail accounts not (nameofbank).com addresses etc.

But the dead link is bad as at the end of the day theres no one to contact, before buying apps like this i would simply click 'contact support', the second i see a dodgy holding page at godaddy.com i would have run a mile instead of buying it.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:26 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

For all of your amusement:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: CITYOFFEAR.COM
Created on: 21-Nov-09
Expires on: 21-Nov-13
Last Updated on: 11-Nov-12

Registrant:
spookyworks llc
1909 e 123rd st
minneapolis, Minnesota 55337
United States

Administrative Contact:
easley, jay proaudiodude@comcast.net
spookyworks llc
1909 e 123rd st
United States
<edited out his phone number but it's easy to find if you really feel so inclined>

Technical Contact:
easley, jay proaudiodude@comcast.net
spookyworks llc
1909 e 123rd st
United States
<edited out his phone number but it's easy to find if you really feel so inclined>

Domain servers in listed order:
NS13.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS14.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

SpookyWorks LLC may be a reference to Spookyworks.com, which is the website of some band called "Raggs". That band had a member named Jay Easley as of 2007. It's based out of Minneapolis, too. The address appears to be real, although the city is Burnsville rather than Minneapolis.

Maybe I took this too far Well if you buy the app and call his home phone to get your money back, please record it and put it on YouTube for me

P.S all this information is readily available on the Internet

P.P.S if you're going to make a scam app, at least don't use your real information...

P.P.P.S please don't suspend me

Last edited by Platyrrhine; 11-28-2012 at 02:29 PM..