Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 11-28-2012, 11:42 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
my early review :

graphics : 3.5/5 which is good enough
control : 4/5 pretty much to expect from a good rally games

overall, after playing it for 2 hours, i find it more entertaining than NFSMW(please, this is my personal opinion no need to harsh reply). im no fanboy of wrc series, in fact im a NFS fanboy since underground series.
the tracks are well design, damage effect on bumper, body, front are quite good.
the only bad graphics in this game are the trees(still using cardboard trees these days hah dev?) and the lack of real time shadow, no reflection either on cars body.
framerates are solid enough for a racing games(i think I've never experience a drop under 30fps).
the controls actually is quite good. it only took me like 5 minutes to get used to and i find the game is quite challenging rather than hard.
the rewind feature in this game is cool and i find it useful many times to improve my time score. but if you dont want it, you can always disable it from the menu.

i dont have time to play it for long enough, so dont take it as my final review. ill be back again with more impression after playing it. but so far my score will be 7,5 out of 10.

ps. sorry for my bad english
Your english isn't that bad. Thanks for the impressions! Think I'll wait for your more in-depth review before deciding.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM

Vita is my personal Super Crate Box machine. I'm completely addicted to it.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:30 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

I still think that Telltale should port the walking dead to the vita. Would make for at least one killer game.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:50 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Ok, I read every review on COD, and there are a couple trusted sources listed that have helped me decide.

I understand people enjoy the game for what it is, but I am not someone who has followed the series that can overlook shortcomings for the sake of having a watered down mobile version. The fact of the matter is, I bought the vita because it was marketed as console quality gaming in your hands and thats clearly not what we're getting most of the time. It should be, especially with AAA titles like this!

That said, I'll pick this up used, or on sale. Its unfortunate, I was hoping for much better, but even being the lowest rated game in the Vita's history, its a shame to have to pass it up. I know I should trust my own opinion, heck, I bought Zombie-U despite it's middle of the road scores, but even that was in the middle... not at the bottom.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:19 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

How's Retro City Rampage on Vita?
Old 11-28-2012, 10:21 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonmx View Post
How's Retro City Rampage on Vita?
Pretty fun. There's an overwhelming amount of parodies and cultural references, and the game can be very hard and frustrating at times (following missions suck! Had to play it at least 20 times before I beat one such mission). It's a good game, and at $15 it's a great deal for what you get. Not something I'd recommend if you aren't well versed in pop culture/gaming references though (or you hate games that can be unforgivingly challenging at times). Your enjoyment hinges largely on that. Mechanics are very good- it plays like a modern game, but with retro graphics.

It's pretty much retro themed GTA with too many references and parodies packed in. The whole game is essentially a giant parody that tries to jam in every trope from videogames/entertainment in general possible.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:46 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Definitely on my list to download on Vita other than Jet Set Radio.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale has a really easy platinum trophy. The only remotely challenging trophy was "This is Living," which requires you to win an online game without dying once.

Also, buy PASBR. I've converted hardcore Nintendo fans to Sony believers after convincing them to play the PS3 version with me.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:42 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

OK,so I got to clarify something.I read on Amazon that in order to redeem the PS+ trial codes I need to have a CC attached to my account.Is that true? Is there any other way around to get the 3 month free PS+?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.Do I need a CC even if I buy a 1yr subscription from Amazon?
Old 11-30-2012, 03:14 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I have a $10 off code for any ACIII purchase from Amazon.Will give it away for $5 Amazon GC or PayPal.