App description: GemCraft, the online sensation played over 90 million times, has arrived!

Experience a completely new chapter in the GemCraft series featuring an all new user interface, stunning retina art, and levels designed specifically for mobile gaming.

"the game is just too awesome to begin with... two thumbs up, and a rating of 5 over 5 for this excellently crafted game. Go, get it now!" -NineOverTen.com
Try out GemCraft free to see what all the fuss is about!

The goal in GemCraft is to combine the magic powers of 8 gem types each with its own special abilities. You can use Pure gems, or combine gems together to craft new and powerful multi-color gems with both their strengths.

Use gems in towers and traps to wipe out hordes of monsters preventing them from reaching your mana crystal.

GemCraft features:
-Completely redone beautiful hand-drawn retina graphics
-32 levels across 4 worlds
-Detailed skill system with 27 unlockable skills
-Combine 8 types of gems together to form hundreds of combinations
-Game Center achievements and scoreboards
-7 different game modes
-3 difficulty levels to engage both beginners and experts
-Unique XP system that challenges you to beat your own best scores

Greyhoundgames's comments:

The wait is over! Thank you to TA forum members who made the beta such a success! Without you guys we wouldn't have had near as clean a product!
I will be around all day to answer questions and give out some promo codes if I can get some!

Free version is avail too! GemCraft Free to try before you buy
05-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Just a heads up. The iPad universal update is out. If you already own the game, you already own the iPad version too!
05-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhoundgames View Post
Just a heads up. The iPad universal update is out. If you already own the game, you already own the iPad version too!
Looks like the price is going up now, too.

I have tried buying the game for the past few hours, but I'm still getting the item being modified message. I'm still going to grab it at the higher price, but it's kind of annoying to have to wait so long.

Edit: Was finally able to buy it at $1.99. Looking forward to playing.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

Last edited by CzarCastic; 05-06-2011 at 05:32 PM.
08-18-2011, 02:46 PM
I just started playing GemCraft again after putting it in the backlog for awhile (only played a few levels when I got it on release day), and I'm even more impressed with it the second time around. I really like the exp system (something that I enjoyed in the original GemCraft), and with all of the different modes, there's a lot of replay value, especially if they want to max out their skills. The whole gem combination system allows for a lot more strategy than what a normal TD offers. It's unfortunate that this game didn't get much recognition, considering only a handful of TDs (out of the who-knows-how-many available on the App Store) are even worth mentioning.

Quick bug report: On 4-2, the monsters don't fully follow the designated path. They take a shortcut right at the end to go to your crystal.