Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-27-2012, 03:08 AM
iPhone 4

Goblins, that sounds great, and I think I see the approach you've gone for with the creature power match ups.

One thing, and it's probably been covered, I assume whatever we've unlocked on iPad will be available on the iPhone? Like cards, level, and decks etc? How will this be done? (account? Or iCloud? Etc)

Can't wait as I do plenty of gaming on my phone!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:27 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Default Just checking in

Hi Guys, hope you are all well. I still play every morning though its been a couple of months since I've found a two player game.

I've kinda mastered all the games now, the only one that still beats me half the time is Tritonia which depends entirely on what order I draw my cards in.

Looking forward to the iPhone addition and the new factions.

I agree with what someone said about items and auras, I still get them mixed up and think they'll be hard to differentiate on the iPhone.

I was wondering, is it worth considering the option of pass & play games rather than live games? The live games are great fun but often mean playing at someone else's convenience.

Hopefully when the iPhone gang join it won't be an issue as there will always be someone online to play, but it's also nice with games like Draw Something and SongPop that your games are all lined up ready for when you have a coffee break and of course an Internet connection.

But then again I guess that idea is something that would be nice for me as a player, but actually doesn't benefit the Devs in any way.

Anyway, I was just thinking out loud.

Oh yeah, and on the win screen, the picture of the Barkskin card....the lips REALLY creep me out lol. They look like they are just clipped out of some magazine and glued on. I hate them.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:00 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Hey curious cat, nice to see you are still around
When do you play in the mornings? Maybe I can wrap my schedule around it.
Tritonia is a bit nasty with all the Aquamancers it dishes out.
Other than that, I don't see anything particularly challenging there, at least not for my current favorite deck.
Mind posting your deck(s) here, or send them to me (you should still have my email address) ? I can give it a shot then and see if I can find potential for improvement.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Default Blood fire Peaks

Forgot to say, blood fire peaks has water and fire elements, then there's a load of random dragons in there.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:05 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lechatcurieux View Post
Forgot to say, blood fire peaks has water and fire elements, then there's a load of random dragons in there.
Lol yeah I still play mornings, we should arrange a gmt time to meet up, I can do anytime.

Those aquamancers are the worst aren't they! I find the only way to deal is to get them taken under or lost ASAP (even though it seems like a waste to use your cards on something of low level). Other than that the darkling assassins get rid of them when they are still fresh.

I find the traps that tritonia uses are a pain, although I can now tell if its a -2 damage flame spike or the super annoying lost at sea by how many of the stars go when they lay the trap.

If just one star goes down then you know you can lay something with more than 2 health and it will survive, if three stars go when they lay the trap, I know to make my next card a cheap one as its gonna get washed away. I keep a stock of rats for that reason.

I can't show you my deck if we are going to play, you'll just use the information to outwit me lmao.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:40 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
One thing, and it's probably been covered, I assume whatever we've unlocked on iPad will be available on the iPhone? Like cards, level, and decks etc? How will this be done? (account? Or iCloud? Etc)

Can't wait as I do plenty of gaming on my phone!
I just asked our Goblin engineer about this. It will use iCloud to store your cards, so yes, the same ones will be available for use on any device.
I believe the first time you run the new version of Spellcraft it sends a copy of all yours cards to the cloud.

The iPhone version is working well, but the card font is just too small, so we will have to choose another!

Regards
Steve @ ThreeGoblins
Old 11-29-2012, 01:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Lol yeah I still play mornings, we should arrange a gmt time to meet up, I can do anytime.

Those aquamancers are the worst aren't they! I find the only way to deal is to get them taken under or lost ASAP (even though it seems like a waste to use your cards on something of low level). Other than that the darkling assassins get rid of them when they are still fresh.

I find the traps that tritonia uses are a pain, although I can now tell if its a -2 damage flame spike or the super annoying lost at sea by how many of the stars go when they lay the trap.

If just one star goes down then you know you can lay something with more than 2 health and it will survive, if three stars go when they lay the trap, I know to make my next card a cheap one as its gonna get washed away. I keep a stock of rats for that reason.

I can't show you my deck if we are going to play, you'll just use the information to outwit me lmao.
Sure, what is your normal playtime?
Normally every Monday I have time from 0800h CET onwards, other days and weekend depends, but I can always try to fit my schedule to yours.

Well, that is what is so deceptive about the Aquamancers: yes, they are rather cheap in mana and lowlevel, but extremely dangerous, especially when there is more than one. I give them a high threat value normally, so using a "higher value" card against them is quite justified for me.
Lost or Taking Under work, as does any quick minion that can kill them outright.
And against the traps, just like you said: use a card you won't miss, e.g. 0 cost ones.
You did notice that one minion triggers all laid traps?

As for your deck: I can just take notes of what I see when we play against each other, and see what I end up with
Old 11-29-2012, 02:02 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Some more cards from the very swampy undead faction :

Ancient Ghost 1/2 Minion with Elusive and Combat damage immunity. It also cannot be blocked, so drifts right through enemy forces...

Undead Tritons 2/2 Minion that, when played, inflicts a -1/-1 penalty to an Ocean minion/barrier opposite it.

Undead Giant a large Minion that throws dead bodies at your opponent.

Waiting Grave a Trap that kills the next minion to enter play, including your own.

Dark Secrets an Item that lets you draw a card for zero power but for a loss of 1 life

Dreadmarsh Plague an Aura that wanders randomly each turn, doing 1 damage to all on its path.

Mortality an Aura that causes both players to lose 1 life each turn.

Steve @ ThreeGoblins

The link below shows Vampire Consort and Necromages, as well as revised art for some Underworld cards

http://www.spellcraft-ccg.com/card-gallery.html

P.S. Pass and Play would need a major overhaul so isn't 'on the cards' anytime soon. Sorry.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

P.S. Pass and Play would need a major overhaul so isn't 'on the cards' anytime soon. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought that would be the case. Shame. I got my first game request for months today, I was in the middle of washing my hair and went galloping down to grab my iPad but they had gone by time I got there

Sheinfell, send me a req whenever you like and I'll be about I'm sure.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
P.S. Pass and Play would need a major overhaul so isn't 'on the cards' anytime soon. Sorry.
Yeah I thought that would be the case. Shame. I got my first game request for months today, I was in the middle of washing my hair and went galloping down to grab my iPad but they had gone by time I got there

Sheinfell, send me a req whenever you like and I'll be about I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

Ouch.
Well, the iPhone release should bring you plenty more victims..err..players
There are of course a whole load more iPhones out there than iPads and it's been the most popular request.