Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-22-2012, 02:56 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Well to be fair you do get a lot to it, i wouldnt say its a '69p' game. Its a nice collection of different styles of Boulderdash, lots of levels. Just for me its still a small surprise how slow the game is compared to the original. Unless i missed it i hope theres a 'fast' speed you can turn on.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:58 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex Blade View Post
And adding the fact that it's £1.99...this is going to struggle to sell.

If it was 69p it would sell more than what it probably currently is.

Boulderdash was a cool little game back in the day..but it'll get swamped and lost forever in the app store at its current price.
I'm not saying I wouldn't buy it at it's current price, but when HeroCraft's Scrubs game went on sale mere days after launching, it kinda makes one cautious. I would hate to buy this this very second only to have "Hey, we're having a late Thanksgiving sale!" moment. You know?
Old 11-22-2012, 04:01 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

If this had I been 69p I'd have bought it on an nostalgia impulse purchase but as it is I've got so many games I've bought over the past couple of week I haven't even played yet. I'm still to start/finish arranger, micro miners, stickman epic, knights of pen and paper. Can't help buying them but don't have time to play them all
Old 11-22-2012, 04:11 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
If this had I been 69p I'd have bought it on an nostalgia impulse purchase but as it is I've got so many games I've bought over the past couple of week I haven't even played yet. I'm still to start/finish arranger, micro miners, stickman epic, knights of pen and paper. Can't help buying them but don't have time to play them all
Yeah to be fair thats one problem i've got. Just had a game of He-Man which i havent played for a while, theres too many good games at the moment !!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:19 AM
Banned
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Bad controls, it was difficult to move around because the controls were not responsive enough
Old 11-22-2012, 04:46 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitt View Post
Bad controls, it was difficult to move around because the controls were not responsive enough
Yep - 100% agreed. I got on better with the buttons as the joystick thing is awful. I so want to love this but I just don't and I loved Boulder Dash 1 and 2. It's missing even the litttle things like after waiting for a while still Rockford used to tap his foot. Now he does it without any waiting. A very small thing but it's the little things sometimes that make or break a game and they haven't imported any of the charm. Seem to remember you could see more screen in the olden days too but that may just be me.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:57 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

The controls are working fine for me. It essentially IS a stick, but the nature of the game doesn't allow for analog movement which can give the impression it's not responding. If there's a genuine bug somewhere, I haven't noticed.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitt View Post
I wish it supported the iCade. Without hardware controls, it's very hard to control games like this.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:11 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-29-2012, 10:22 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default icade

I have my Icade 8 bitty now and basically not even using it because for some reason adding support is too difficult a task for developers, I mean... it's a whole a few lines of code.

Boulder Dash would be perfect for it and probably sell more if it did support the icade controls. As it is now, I find a lot of levels difficult to play, the onscreen controls are not good enough and will never be good enough for this type of game.

and what is up with some games putting left/right arrows on one side of the screen and up/down on the other? who's brain functions that way? my god, that is stupid.