Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 AM

According to Twitter, there are multiple issues with the iPad (and OS X) build. So my guess is it's two weeks away--one week to fix/test, one week to get approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutt22 View Post
Oh great! Thanks! I haven't listened to the podcast. I'll have to have a listen. Now I have a decision to make. Do I wait or don't I wait....
Cloud saves won't be implemented at launch. I don't know about the File Browser thing.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:00 AM

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarcat View Post
According to Twitter, there are multiple issues with the iPad (and OS X) build. So my guess is it's two weeks away--one week to fix/test, one week to get approved.

Cloud saves won't be implemented at launch. I don't know about the File Browser thing.
So they found another bugs in OSX/IOS version? because from what i read there was only one and it was fixed and we just needed to wait for approve from Apple.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:00 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

From the developer's twitter account:

"We have to restart the iPad submission process again. We've got a couple more showstoppers. First we have to fix, then test then re-submit"
Old 11-29-2012, 06:14 AM

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr

Well .. its approved for now .. at least in NZ
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=168271
Old 11-29-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spajdr View Post
So they found another bugs in OSX/IOS version? because from what i read there was only one and it was fixed and we just needed to wait for approve from Apple.
There are (were?) multiple issues. The apparent release of the game today is odd given the developer's twitter comments yesterday. I hope it's an not an error and not one of the previously accepted builds with crashes.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:49 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
Maybe the game is coming out tonight ???

In 1 of his tweets...

iPad is 1.8GB. Seems to like some extra space when installing. (at least in test flight, app store may be different)
Old 11-29-2012, 01:02 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

So what's the deal with the release? I'm in the US, so I still don't see the game. Can you download and play in NZ? I understand there are bugs but I have an ipad 3 so shouldn't be effected by the crash bug. If you can download it now, it's going to be so disappointing if its pulled before releasing in the US.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

From the developer's twitter:

"The App store in NZ started selling BGEE for iPad. That is the version which passed Apple testing, but we found a crash bug. Our mistake"

If someone wants to beg them not to remove it from the app store, that's your chance.

Cheers.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
So what's the deal with the release? I'm in the US, so I still don't see the game. Can you download and play in NZ? I understand there are bugs but I have an ipad 3 so shouldn't be effected by the crash bug. If you can download it now, it's going to be so disappointing if its pulled before releasing in the US.
There are more bugs than just the crash bug. It's not going to get released in the US.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud tiger View Post
I would be VERY surprised to see this game in September. In fact I would be pleasantly surprised if I saw it this year.

I'm also very much looking forward to it but as Deathrow said said its a huge game.

Like all things you're really looking forward too better to just try and forget about Baldurs Gate until it turns up.

Better to get the finished article. We don't want another Gratuitus Space Battles......

Will I be right ? I don't want to sound negative here but I know I do. Sorry for that ! The pc edition is getting a bit of a bashing on the forums.

My second prediction here is we are going to be disappointed with Baldurs Gate. It's going to be released late and be full of bugs. Maybe just before Christmas to catch the Christmas trade.

We will be left with a broken disappointing game riddled with bugs over Christmas while the Devs are in Hawaii.

I REALLY want to be wrong but I'm afraid BG has gone from a instant buy for me to a wait and see how it goes.

In the mean time ill dust off my original disks :-)

Closed Thread