★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Baldur's Gate Enhance Edition for iPad

11-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,313
Maybe the game is coming out tonight ???

In 1 of his tweets...

iPad is 1.8GB. Seems to like some extra space when installing. (at least in test flight, app store may be different)
11-29-2012, 12:13 AM
According to Twitter, there are multiple issues with the iPad (and OS X) build. So my guess is it's two weeks away--one week to fix/test, one week to get approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutt22 View Post
Oh great! Thanks! I haven't listened to the podcast. I'll have to have a listen. Now I have a decision to make. Do I wait or don't I wait....
Cloud saves won't be implemented at launch. I don't know about the File Browser thing.

11-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Czech Republic, Ostrava
Posts: 621
Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarcat View Post
According to Twitter, there are multiple issues with the iPad (and OS X) build. So my guess is it's two weeks away--one week to fix/test, one week to get approved.



Cloud saves won't be implemented at launch. I don't know about the File Browser thing.
So they found another bugs in OSX/IOS version? because from what i read there was only one and it was fixed and we just needed to wait for approve from Apple.
11-29-2012, 04:00 AM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 776
From the developer's twitter account:

"We have to restart the iPad submission process again. We've got a couple more showstoppers. First we have to fix, then test then re-submit"
11-29-2012, 05:14 AM
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Czech Republic, Ostrava
Posts: 621
Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Well .. its approved for now .. at least in NZ
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=168271
11-29-2012, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spajdr View Post
So they found another bugs in OSX/IOS version? because from what i read there was only one and it was fixed and we just needed to wait for approve from Apple.
There are (were?) multiple issues. The apparent release of the game today is odd given the developer's twitter comments yesterday. I hope it's an not an error and not one of the previously accepted builds with crashes.
11-29-2012, 06:49 AM
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
Maybe the game is coming out tonight ???

In 1 of his tweets...

iPad is 1.8GB. Seems to like some extra space when installing. (at least in test flight, app store may be different)
11-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 457
So what's the deal with the release? I'm in the US, so I still don't see the game. Can you download and play in NZ? I understand there are bugs but I have an ipad 3 so shouldn't be effected by the crash bug. If you can download it now, it's going to be so disappointing if its pulled before releasing in the US.
11-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 776
From the developer's twitter:

"The App store in NZ started selling BGEE for iPad. That is the version which passed Apple testing, but we found a crash bug. Our mistake"

If someone wants to beg them not to remove it from the app store, that's your chance.

Cheers.
11-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
So what's the deal with the release? I'm in the US, so I still don't see the game. Can you download and play in NZ? I understand there are bugs but I have an ipad 3 so shouldn't be effected by the crash bug. If you can download it now, it's going to be so disappointing if its pulled before releasing in the US.
There are more bugs than just the crash bug. It's not going to get released in the US.