Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-29-2012, 10:47 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr

Hello Mark,
so how MoO performs with enabled Antialiasing on Ipad 3rd or 4th Gen? You did any tests?

Thanks in advance
Marek
Old 11-29-2012, 01:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by spajdr View Post
Hello Mark,
so how MoO performs with enabled Antialiasing on Ipad 3rd or 4th Gen? You did any tests?

Thanks in advance
Marek
So far, so good. We were able to play through the game, without crashing, on the iPad 2 with AA enabled. We will continue to run tests on 2/3/4 and see what happens. If it's good, we'll put an option for it in V1.1/1.2. We just need to be really careful with it since we don't want to bork our game's frame-rate and/or stability (AA uses more memory) to up the graphically quality.

Mark
Old 11-29-2012, 02:00 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSE_MJ View Post
As to a traditional TD built around Oz, I totally agree. It is one of the things we have talked about before and will talk about again. As to coming up with something new, thanks, I think we can do that too. The key though is coming up with enough good things that people will want to buy the game when there are so many other great traditional TD games out there. That's one of the reasons we went with the Road Defense-style TD, there aren't as many competitors as in the traditional TD space. Also, for a traditional TD game, the level of production values we put into MoO might not be the wisest idea. We'd prefer to do a smaller scale game and then iterate on it with our players.

Mark
Agree. Well, all I can do is wait and see what you guys will come up with. For now, Ill try to finish MoO and wait for the updates.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Agree. Well, all I can do is wait and see what you guys will come up with. For now, Ill try to finish MoO and wait for the updates.
Cool. If we are looking for some beta testers for new content, would you be interested in doing that as well?

Mark
Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Cool. If we are looking for some beta testers for new content, would you be interested in doing that as well?

Mark
I do not have any beta test experience whatsoever. But if you would guide me, then I would be more than happy to try it out.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:10 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:

Mark
How bout me mark???I would love to beta test some updates,I do have a testflight account ..hehehe..Btw for your next game two things come to mind,maybe a tbs OZ style..What I would really love for you guys to do is a 3d platformer because the appstore has a ton of sidescrollers..Not much 3d platformers out there and they very rare..Only crazy hedgy and my little hero are noteworthy,i think...
Old 11-29-2012, 09:19 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
More than just a chance. We're currently working on builds for Android tablets and select Android phones and the iPhone too. The first phone we'll proly release for will be the iPhone. We're just taking our time to make sure that a iPhone version is just as good as an iPad version (not just a crappy port). So that may involve some level changes(5 lanes to 4 maybe) and other mods to ensure that if a player buys MoO for the iPhone, the player feels like he dev cared enough to spend time on the port. Not all devs are in the position to do that so since we are, I believe we have an obligation to do so. We hope to have a fully working one by the end of the year.
That would be awesome as you guys will get a wider range of audience ...Btw you should think of porting to steam also..PvZ made a lot of sales over there,hehe..
Old 11-29-2012, 11:18 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister View Post
How bout me mark???I would love to beta test some updates,I do have a testflight account ..hehehe..Btw for your next game two things come to mind,maybe a tbs OZ style..What I would really love for you guys to do is a 3d platformer because the appstore has a ton of sidescrollers..Not much 3d platformers out there and they very rare..Only crazy hedgy and my little hero are noteworthy,i think...
We'll make sure you get into the beta as well of course. We're toying with a couple of interesting things so we would to have you as a part of it. We haven't begun setting things up for that yet but you would be more than welcome.

As to platformers, I must admit I don't have a ton of experience with them but I'm sure some of the guys in the office do. What are some of ours our favorites?

As to Steam (below), we would love to distribute via Steam as we plan on having a PC release ready to go next year. Most of our guys have Steam accounts and are fans of Valve/service but so far they have shown no interest in the game when we made some I itial inquiries. We plan on trying harder as we think Steam is the best option out there for digital distribution on he PC.

Mark

Last edited by CSE_MJ; 11-29-2012 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: Additional info
Old 11-30-2012, 05:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
We'll make sure you get into the beta as well of course. We're toying with a couple of interesting things so we would to have you as a part of it. We haven't begun setting things up for that yet but you would be more than welcome.

As to platformers, I must admit I don't have a ton of experience with them but I'm sure some of the guys in the office do. What are some of ours our favorites?

As to Steam (below), we would love to distribute via Steam as we plan on having a PC release ready to go next year. Most of our guys have Steam accounts and are fans of Valve/service but so far they have shown no interest in the game when we made some I itial inquiries. We plan on trying harder as we think Steam is the best option out there for digital distribution on he PC.

Mark
My favorite 3d platformers are crash bandicoot,ratchet and clank and super mario 64..I think a similar game to mario64 fits in the Oz world/engine..
Old 11-30-2012, 06:36 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Need help with chapter 3.5. It says i need to capture the snowman. I would assume use a monkey? I cant seem to get the timing and have been losing the stage repeatedly. Any help please?