Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-27-2012, 12:41 PM
iPad

Default Directing where towers shoot

One issue I've been having some difficulty with is where towers spend their time shooting. I'm noticing that the behavior seems to be that once a tower locks on to a runner, it sticks with that runner until it's either dead or passes out of range. That doesn't always seems optimal.

I see lots of cases where a group of runners approaches some slow down towers and some AOE towers (like the hive tower, for example). A runner will get tagged by the slow tower, slow down, then get bombed by the hive tower until it's either dead or out of range. Meanwhile, the larger group of runners (where the hive tower would have a greater impact) escapes untouched.

I've played other TD games where you can specify the rules for a tower (shoot at closest, weakest, closest to the end gate, farthest away, etc). I know if I were generalling these towers (which I am), the current behavior is not one I would choose.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:50 AM

Do we have a date announced for iPhone 5 support yet?
Old 11-28-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBrooke View Post
I would like to know too
Old 11-30-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBrooke View Post
No solid date, unfortunately. We submitted last Wednesday but found a game breaking bug at the last minute and had to pull the build. The fix shouldn't take long though. We're anticipating v1.3 with iPhone 5 support to be live in the store in the next few weeks. Sorry about the delay!

Hope you all are still having fun with Fieldrunners 2! We've got some cool new stuff coming in the next update and can't wait for you to check it out!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDF View Post
One issue I've been having some difficulty with is where towers spend their time shooting. I'm noticing that the behavior seems to be that once a tower locks on to a runner, it sticks with that runner until it's either dead or passes out of range. That doesn't always seems optimal.

I see lots of cases where a group of runners approaches some slow down towers and some AOE towers (like the hive tower, for example). A runner will get tagged by the slow tower, slow down, then get bombed by the hive tower until it's either dead or out of range. Meanwhile, the larger group of runners (where the hive tower would have a greater impact) escapes untouched.

I've played other TD games where you can specify the rules for a tower (shoot at closest, weakest, closest to the end gate, farthest away, etc). I know if I were generalling these towers (which I am), the current behavior is not one I would choose.
That's the exact reason why I've deleted the game
Old 11-30-2012, 11:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

AtomicAlec,

Please don't add any more high priced towers unless you fix the home on derrange bug (make endless easy again). I just can't make enough cash. So far I've beaten well over half the maps (38 stars) and only got $2,400. This is exremeley disheartening, as I will not be buying iAP to make up for the lack of reasonably earnable $. Please fix!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:29 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicAlec View Post
No solid date, unfortunately. We submitted last Wednesday but found a game breaking bug at the last minute and had to pull the build. The fix shouldn't take long though. We're anticipating v1.3 with iPhone 5 support to be live in the store in the next few weeks. Sorry about the delay!

Hope you all are still having fun with Fieldrunners 2! We've got some cool new stuff coming in the next update and can't wait for you to check it out!
Still not able to play without sound corruption bug. So far really dissastisfied with one of the most expensive purchases on the App Store. Not saying its not worth it (it is) but it isn't if I can't play without cringing. It does the same on my new iPad 4 which is clean install and twice as fast processor apparently. Will you ever sort it out? I'd like to play the game I bought on day 1!!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicAlec View Post

Any Update?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Any plans for new maps/towers/content?
Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
Any Update?
Same question? Has it been resubmitted? Bug squashed?