App description: OVERVIEW

The fieldrunners are back! With legions of soldiers and a gaggle of new tricks, theyre ready to conquer the globe. Or so they think! Our top scientists at SubaLabs have built a bleeding-edge arsenal of devastating weapons for any heroes willing to stop these dastardly invaders. Help your people by taking action - DEFEND THE WORLD!

Strategic-Action-Puzzle-Defense has never been this fun and addicting! Defend your world from the invasion by building winding paths out of imaginative, new weapons. Call in airstrikes and set explosive traps to hit the enemies where it hurts. Over 20 new levels span the grassiest fields, driest deserts, sparkling cities, and even an infernal volcano lair! Challenge your mind with the exciting new gameplay styles in Puzzle, Sudden Death, and Time Trial levels. Are you ready to stop the fieldrunners once and for all? Join the defense now!

KEY FEATURES

Gorgeous artwork at full Retina resolution!
Tons of levels - countless hours of action!
20 unique, upgradable weapons!
Revolutionary AI with stunning realism!
Pick the perfect weapons for each battle!
Air strikes, mines, and powerful items!
Refreshing game modes, which include Time Trial, Sudden Death, and Puzzle maps!
Trenches, bridges, and tunnels!
Elite enemies invade at the most unexpected times!
iCloud support lets you transfer saves between your devices!
A tower that launches bee hives!

OFFICIAL TRAILER

http://bit.ly/Fr2Trailer

AWARDS

Kotaku - Gaming App of the Day
GameTrailers - App of the Day
G4TV - Best Mobile Games
Macworld - Editors Choice
148Apps - Editors Choice
Slide to Play - Game of the Month
AppAdvice - Game of the Week
Chicago Tribune - Game of the Week
TUAW - App of the Day

QUOTES

IGN: One of the best iOS games of 2012
Penny Arcade: "This is a game that everyone needs to try"
New York Times: "At last we have a sequel!"
G4TV: You need to download this game immediately
TouchArcade: It will eat your soul and have you thanking it
CNET: You will love this game
The Verge/Polygon: One of the strongest TD games Ive ever played
148Apps: The king of tower defense returns!
GamesBeat: Innovating and redefining tower defense
AppleNApps: The best game we saw at E3

CONTACT SUBATOMIC STUDIOS

Twitter: @Fieldrunners
Facebook: facebook.com/fieldrunners
Web: subatomicstudios.com
Forums: subatomicstudios.com/forum
Tech Support: bugs[at]subatomicstudios.com

THANK YOU

Everyone here at Subatomic Studios thanks you for playing! Please take a moment to rate Fieldrunners 2.

iND's comments:


11-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Directing where towers shoot

One issue I've been having some difficulty with is where towers spend their time shooting. I'm noticing that the behavior seems to be that once a tower locks on to a runner, it sticks with that runner until it's either dead or passes out of range. That doesn't always seems optimal.

I see lots of cases where a group of runners approaches some slow down towers and some AOE towers (like the hive tower, for example). A runner will get tagged by the slow tower, slow down, then get bombed by the hive tower until it's either dead or out of range. Meanwhile, the larger group of runners (where the hive tower would have a greater impact) escapes untouched.

I've played other TD games where you can specify the rules for a tower (shoot at closest, weakest, closest to the end gate, farthest away, etc). I know if I were generalling these towers (which I am), the current behavior is not one I would choose.
11-28-2012, 01:50 AM
Do we have a date announced for iPhone 5 support yet?

11-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBrooke View Post
Do we have a date announced for iPhone 5 support yet?
I would like to know too
11-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBrooke View Post
Do we have a date announced for iPhone 5 support yet?
No solid date, unfortunately. We submitted last Wednesday but found a game breaking bug at the last minute and had to pull the build. The fix shouldn't take long though. We're anticipating v1.3 with iPhone 5 support to be live in the store in the next few weeks. Sorry about the delay!

Hope you all are still having fun with Fieldrunners 2! We've got some cool new stuff coming in the next update and can't wait for you to check it out!
11-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDF View Post
One issue I've been having some difficulty with is where towers spend their time shooting. I'm noticing that the behavior seems to be that once a tower locks on to a runner, it sticks with that runner until it's either dead or passes out of range. That doesn't always seems optimal.

I see lots of cases where a group of runners approaches some slow down towers and some AOE towers (like the hive tower, for example). A runner will get tagged by the slow tower, slow down, then get bombed by the hive tower until it's either dead or out of range. Meanwhile, the larger group of runners (where the hive tower would have a greater impact) escapes untouched.

I've played other TD games where you can specify the rules for a tower (shoot at closest, weakest, closest to the end gate, farthest away, etc). I know if I were generalling these towers (which I am), the current behavior is not one I would choose.
That's the exact reason why I've deleted the game
11-30-2012, 11:30 AM
AtomicAlec,

Please don't add any more high priced towers unless you fix the home on derrange bug (make endless easy again). I just can't make enough cash. So far I've beaten well over half the maps (38 stars) and only got $2,400. This is exremeley disheartening, as I will not be buying iAP to make up for the lack of reasonably earnable $. Please fix!!!
11-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicAlec View Post
No solid date, unfortunately. We submitted last Wednesday but found a game breaking bug at the last minute and had to pull the build. The fix shouldn't take long though. We're anticipating v1.3 with iPhone 5 support to be live in the store in the next few weeks. Sorry about the delay!

Hope you all are still having fun with Fieldrunners 2! We've got some cool new stuff coming in the next update and can't wait for you to check it out!
Still not able to play without sound corruption bug. So far really dissastisfied with one of the most expensive purchases on the App Store. Not saying its not worth it (it is) but it isn't if I can't play without cringing. It does the same on my new iPad 4 which is clean install and twice as fast processor apparently. Will you ever sort it out? I'd like to play the game I bought on day 1!!
12-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicAlec View Post
No solid date, unfortunately. We submitted last Wednesday but found a game breaking bug at the last minute and had to pull the build. The fix shouldn't take long though. We're anticipating v1.3 with iPhone 5 support to be live in the store in the next few weeks. Sorry about the delay!

Hope you all are still having fun with Fieldrunners 2! We've got some cool new stuff coming in the next update and can't wait for you to check it out!
Any Update?
12-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Any plans for new maps/towers/content?
12-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
Any Update?
Same question? Has it been resubmitted? Bug squashed?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.