Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-30-2012, 02:29 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
I just finished downloading and have owned every game from the series so I know this is going to be good. I wont have a chance to play it later today but can someone who owns the two previous universal titles rank all three? I'm going to have to delete one of the three due to space come most likely next week if any upcoming wishlist games are released (especially if Baldur's Gate, RR3, and IB Dungeons to name a few).

In fact, any of the SaB members, how would you rank all three of the universal titles overall in comparison and if you could only keep one, which would it be and why?
Well if I had to keep just one it would be Storm Raiders. The reason is I prefer WWII fighters over jets. Also you have to understand that this game builds on all the ideas, graphics, ect over all the previous games and represents the culmination of years of development and player feedback. I can't tell you which to delete, as I really enjoy all three. I like the gameplay in RoG over SGAS, but sometimes I just want to play a jet game. Honestly if I were you, I would delete all the versions of cut the rope and angry birds you might have instead.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iosappsrock View Post
Same here. I've always preferred WWII style planes, because there's actually some skill involved in dog fights.

I hated the whole ordeal in Air Supremacy. It was really just - whoever has the most flares survives the longest.

This new game rocks! I only wish there was a more realistic flight mode. Meaning, in real life, your pilot would totally black out if he was pulling the maneuvers that you can do in this game. Perhaps the dev can add this option? Basically, limit the turn radius, flipping, etc., so it's more realistic (make sure to do the same for the enemy AI). I would personally enjoy that a lot, as it would make the dogfights require even more thought and skill.
More sim like vs more arcade like... Yeah you have no idea how much debate went on over that topic! IMOP when these games start getting more sim like they become a lot less enjoyable. Still an effort was made to keep somewhat of balance between the two... With it obviously being more skewed towards arcade. Personally the blackouts annoy me....
Old 11-30-2012, 03:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iosappsrock View Post
I hated the whole ordeal in Air Supremacy. It was really just - whoever has the most flares survives the longest.
I disagree with this assessment. Flares are not the only way to avoid missiles. You can also duck behind a surface object, execute a well-timed maneuver, or best of all, just avoid getting locked in the first place (easier said than done, of course, but some flight patterns are easier to lock than others).

There's also the factor of timing your flares so they kick in just in time, thereby granting you longer protection against followup missiles, and the corollary, which is timing your missile launches so they don't all get blocked by a single flare.

Number of flares is definitely the cornerstone of defence in Air Supremacy, but there's a lot of skill and strategy that can stretch out that flare supply. I don't even use flares unless there's multiple birdies coming at me or I don't have the time or speed to react with a maneuver.

I agree that WWII dogfights are the best, but Air Supremacy was the first modern flight game I played where the dogfights were damn fun.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:16 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Are there flares in this game?
Old 11-30-2012, 03:20 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Guns View Post
Are there flares in this game?
I don't think there are. There's no use for them considering the fact that WW2 fighter technology had pretty much zero homing technologies. This game only has unguided rockets.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:34 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I think I found a glitch. I keep beating mission 2: hunting wolves in ace mode but I get the award for pilot mode.
Why am I not being rewarded for ace mode?
Old 11-30-2012, 04:01 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion7319 View Post
Well if I had to keep just one it would be Storm Raiders. The reason is I prefer WWII fighters over jets. Also you have to understand that this game builds on all the ideas, graphics, ect over all the previous games and represents the culmination of years of development and player feedback. I can't tell you which to delete, as I really enjoy all three. I like the gameplay in RoG over SGAS, but sometimes I just want to play a jet game. Honestly if I were you, I would delete all the versions of cut the rope and angry birds you might have instead.
....AB is good though I'd delete ... Infinity Blade 1

Last edited by DannyTheElite; 11-30-2012 at 05:11 PM..
Old 11-30-2012, 05:09 PM

My problem is that I am completely new to this serie and bought Air Supremacy about week ago. Now playing Storm Riders which are great also. Love both games and suck in both as well I can not decide what to play more :P

I badly suck in controling plane. When I see other "pilots" performing great moves I feel quite useless.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:29 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipAGuy View Post
My problem is that I am completely new to this serie and bought Air Supremacy about week ago. Now playing Storm Riders which are great also. Love both games and suck in both as well I can not decide what to play more :P

I badly suck in controling plane. When I see other "pilots" performing great moves I feel quite useless.
Well it's my first time as well. I right off the bat pressured myself to do only ace mode with advanced simulation controls and no autoaim.
You should try it as well.
I have no clue what the yellow markers around my enemies mean or even the darker red. Can anyone explain?
I just assume yellow means that's the person aiming only for me and dark red means closest enemy.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
I just finished downloading and have owned every game from the series so I know this is going to be good. I wont have a chance to play it later today but can someone who owns the two previous universal titles rank all three? I'm going to have to delete one of the three due to space come most likely next week if any upcoming wishlist games are released (especially if Baldur's Gate, RR3, and IB Dungeons to name a few).

In fact, any of the SaB members, how would you rank all three of the universal titles overall in comparison and if you could only keep one, which would it be and why?
Well... I'd rate it:
1) Storm Raiders because, as Orion said, it's a culmination and it's the best, best best! Also, though, I love prop plane dogfights and flying, and especially WWII.
2) SGAS (Air Supremacy) because it was more advanced and awesome (I know, subjective) than Rise of Glory (RoG) -- plus had a couple prop planes!
3) Rise of Glory because it's beautiful and elegant and fun, and it was the first.*
4) All other game apps.

But that's like rating your kids, you know? Except that they're games. The games, that is, not the kids.

Anyway, clearly from the above, you have to delete all of your other apps, and not any of the Sky Gambler combat flight sims. There you go! Clear as mother's milk.

I do realize that I was not supporting any of my subjective statements, but you're asking which one's I'd keep and all, and that's a subjective thing. And partly, I wouldn't delete any of them because I was part of the process and love them. So you gotta factor that in!

*Not the first Revo combat flight sim, but the first of the new generation, the Sky Gambler series.

Last edited by Frumius; 12-01-2012 at 01:46 AM.. Reason: Made it better.