★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

11-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota US
Posts: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlredbird View Post
I think the sandbox percentages for Olympus dragons are misleading. I think it's a 10% chance to get an Olympus at all and then within that you have like a 10% or less chance of getting a gold, so 1% overall. After almost 2 months of trying off and on with air + quake I have gotten numerous bronze and silver, but even 3 sandstorm, a fairly rare dragon.

To sum up, I hate Gold Olympus.
Of course - thanks! >slaps forehead< I forgot that the 10% would represent all 3 dragons...so yeah 1% for Gold Oly. And I just want the stupid egg to display. .. Seasonal is not being very nice to me either. But at least I have Kairos!

Edit: Question- maybe it is better to try other combos than Gold/Silver since all odds are 1%? At least the waits are usually shorter than the guaranteed 28-35 with Gold/Silver. But maybe that's moot.

GC id: Foxtail20

Last edited by Foxtail2010; 11-30-2012 at 02:17 PM.
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeneez View Post
You many notice that all combos give a 10% chance in tries to get what you want. It's what makes the Gold Olympus an epic....
You have a 10% chance of getting an Olympus of some kind when you breed a combo that can produce an Oly such as, for example Air/Quake. However, it is only a 2% chance that it is a Gold Oly. Of course, the Bronze Oly has the highest chance.

If you breed a Gold Oly with a Silver or Bronze you now have a 100% chance of getting an Oly, however, it is still only a 2% chance that it is a Gold Oly. In other words, there is a 98% chance that you will get a 35hr fail. Therefore, you are better off with a combo like Air/Quake where you still only have a 2% chance of getting a Gold Oly but the fails on average will be shorter.

11-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota US
Posts: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
You have a 10% chance of getting an Olympus of some kind when you breed a combo that can produce an Oly such as, for example Air/Quake. However, it is only a 2% chance that it is a Gold Oly. Of course, the Bronze Oly has the highest chance.

If you breed a Gold Oly with a Silver or Bronze you now have a 100% chance of getting an Oly, however, it is still only a 2% chance that it is a Gold Oly. In other words, there is a 98% chance that you will get a 35hr fail. Therefore, you are better off with a combo like Air/Quake where you still only have a 2% chance of getting a Gold Oly but the fails on average will be shorter.
Excellent. That's what I was trying to say. Thank-you! I was an art major not a math major. Lol

GC id: Foxtail20
11-30-2012, 10:57 PM
May I vote for tanzanite please? My favorite stone hands down. The blue/purple of a good tanzanite makes me drool. And I would name it kilimanjaro.

Kor
12-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 26
Missing Egg Display on Wikia

Not to change the subject but while waiting for the December Dragon I have been working on displaying all the different eggs but now I cant get the egg pictures on Dragonvale Wikia. Anybody else or is it my computer?

12-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 448
The Turquoise has arrived! Along with the Cryptocrystalline talisman for 31.000.

Now, to wait for the right combo.
12-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Pacific northwest
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbd12110 View Post
Not to change the subject but while waiting for the December Dragon I have been working on displaying all the different eggs but now I cant get the egg pictures on Dragonvale Wikia. Anybody else or is it my computer?

Not you...they redesigned the dragonvale wiki site
12-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Pacific northwest
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasha65 View Post
The Turquoise has arrived! Along with the Cryptocrystalline talisman for 31.000.

Now, to wait for the right combo.
I am betting and rooting for Dodo being one of the key elements....earth and air...and a lovely blue, and I'm thinking maybe the other needs to have some fire in it for the orange highlights
12-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 448
Sandbox says Poison/Swamp for Turquoise
12-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasha65 View Post
Sandbox says Poison/Swamp for Turquoise
^ DV wiki also confirming this
Quiet a few got theirs already, some after first try!
Breeding time is 31 hours or 24:48 with upgrade
I'm on my 4th try so far, good luck everyone.....dragon looks similar to Topaz,

@ Kor, I also would have loved a tanzanite