Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 11-30-2012, 04:38 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

So is the Windows version any better now? I am running it on a Mac and it works well there, but it always worked pretty well on Macs. It's hard to say yet if it performs better or not. A friend of mine download it for Windows and seems to like it, but I'm not sure if he had any problems with it before or not.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I don't like itunes, and hate syncing to a computer cause I don't own one anymore. They gotta get some icloud solution to backing up our game saves and music in the cloud. More and more people are getting away from computers and going tablets, so something has to be done soon I hope.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:25 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

I don't mind iTunes as a music player, hate using it to manage my music/apps on an iPod/iPad. I avoid it as a content manager as much as possible.

I'm even thinking of buying a Sansa Clip Zip mp3 player so I won't need my iPod Touch anymore.

But again, as a music player I don't mind iTunes. I actually like the new mini player. Really nice.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:22 AM

Anyone else having problems with iTunes showing the latest version of apps? On Windows here, and while it will show me my list of apps ready for updating, if I click on the app name (or even search the store for the app) it seems all I'm seeing is the last version of the app, and the download/update button is grayed out.

I can download from the update page, but I'm not about to do that without reading the update notes.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I passionately hate the new, separate pop-up window for viewing download status. Why make this so much harder to find and access?
Old 12-01-2012, 10:36 AM

I can't even find that pop-up window. How do you open it?
Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I'd be happier if it was just a music player and app manager. Get rid of everything to do with the store, that's where it bloats up.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:52 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Not sure I like the lack of the sidebar. I love just opening iTunes, clicking my personal playlist and getting back to work. Not sure I want an entire sub-menu for them.

I'm also not keen on the big album covers either....again I prefer just seeing all the tracks listed without needing to click a specific cover. Plus, I don't have that much cover art, so it'll just be a wall of white!

Think I'll keep to my old old version, for now.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:27 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord-sam View Post
Not sure I like the lack of the sidebar. I love just opening iTunes, clicking my personal playlist and getting back to work. Not sure I want an entire sub-menu for them.

I'm also not keen on the big album covers either....again I prefer just seeing all the tracks listed without needing to click a specific cover. Plus, I don't have that much cover art, so it'll just be a wall of white!

Think I'll keep to my old old version, for now.
There is an option to enable/disable the sidebar.
There are plenty of viewing options, so you can view a list of songs (organized by pretty much anything) instead of a bunch of album covers.

After using 11 for a few days, I'd say it's a great improvement over previous versions. "Up Next" is particularly well done and is definitely a feature I can see all music programs imitating in the future. The album view is slick, especially how it detects the colors in the art before changing the color of the track titles, track info, and the background. There's also no lag when switching to store: it doesn't have to update every time. No features from past versions are missing, and I'd recommend every make the switch.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:33 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwet17 View Post
There is an option to enable/disable the sidebar.
Didn't notice that, thanks.