• Publisher: James Daniels
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 42.6 MB
  • Version: 2.55
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Bite sized, action-packed stages; boils down the GTA flavor to an intense punch" - AppSpy.com

Payback˛ is the long-awaited sequel to the hit GTA-style game from the early days of the App Store. It concentrates that classic formula by offering exciting event-based gameplay that is all action, all of the time. (Although of course the free roaming mode is still available as well.)

Featuring nine game modes, loads of weapons, dozens of vehicles, and events with everything from massive gang battles to rocket car races to epic tank duels, the variety is endless.

As well as the fifty career events, you can build your own custom events and play them against AI, your friends or the rest of the world through the game's extensive multiplayer and Game Center support.

PRESS COVERAGE:

Gaming App of The Day - Kotaku.com

"[Payback˛] manages to create a sense of overblown fun that permeates everything from straightforward races to capture the flag-inspired heists ... an immensely entertaining experience" - pocketgamer.co.uk

Featured as one of the best games of the week by The Guardian

Hen14's comments:

iPhone only version:
http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/payback2/id442779965
03-09-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AizenSousuke View Post
holyshiz what happened to the price?
Easy: it's doubling every three days the question is not "what", it's "why"...
03-11-2013, 05:18 PM
I bought the iPhone version for $2.99 and now it's not available in the USA anymore.....

And now there is a FREE version that makes you pay for multiplayer...... -_-

03-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Just removed from my watch list. Good job to the developer for driving away a possible buyer with whatever shinanagens you are playing. I only hope others follow suit. The App Store is really out of control because app buyers have none. shame really

Last edited by LazerTag; 03-12-2013 at 04:38 PM.
03-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipBeef97 View Post
I bought the iPhone version for $2.99 and now it's not available in the USA anymore.....

And now there is a FREE version that makes you pay for multiplayer...... -_-
I've searched for Payback2 HD and haven't found it either. Hey JD321, does this mean that the paid versions won't be supported any more, or have they been removed temporarily and they'll come back in the future?
03-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
I've searched for Payback2 HD and haven't found it either. Hey JD321, does this mean that the paid versions won't be supported any more, or have they been removed temporarily and they'll come back in the future?
This happened with another game, the Lo wang game I think, it went up to like $50 to prevent people from buying it, and then was pulled (a bug had been found, nasty one, I presume) and then came back a little bit later. I assume that's what happened here. I hope it is.
03-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
This happened with another game, the Lo wang game I think, it went up to like $50 to prevent people from buying it, and then was pulled (a bug had been found, nasty one, I presume) and then came back a little bit later. I assume that's what happened here. I hope it is.
I also hope it's this, or something similar...
03-13-2013, 05:45 PM
I envy the optimism you guys seem to possess. Seems likely to me, given the current iOS climate, that they determined freemium would be more lucrative and dropped the paid version. The freemium version has pay per hour multiplayer, coin IAPs, pay for episode unlocks, and more so they can generate a lot more money if people actually want to play.
03-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
I envy the optimism you guys seem to possess. Seems likely to me, given the current iOS climate, that they determined freemium would be more lucrative and dropped the paid version. The freemium version has pay per hour multiplayer, coin IAPs, pay for episode unlocks, and more so they can generate a lot more money if people actually want to play.
Yes, but they did update the paid version a few days ago, and they could have kept the paid version at 30€ if nobody wanted to pay, no? Anyway, if in the end you're right, I won't get the freemium version and stick to the paid version, unless they make such an update that it looks as Payback3...
03-17-2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Well, Payback2 HD is back in the app store, so for one, being optimistic was a good thing
03-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Oooooooooo.... On sale for $20....

=o/