Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-02-2012, 06:08 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Default The Cranks: epic pranks

Description

Are you mad at your neighbors, coworkers or .. just everyone? Wanna have great fun playing practical jokes and pranks but scared to cause real harm? No worries - in this game you can unleash all your anger, have endless fun and stay unpunished!

The story goes as following: a brave family moves to a small town called Crankyville where the residents arenít so thrilled about the newbies and their housewarming party.
How will the family survive in Crankyville? Itís your task to figure out cruel high jinx and get your revenge! Clogging a sink, blowing a fuse, or swapping someoneís protein pills for diet ones - Thatís just the beginning! Figure out the pranks and get your revenge!

Key features:

- epic jokes and lots of fun
- implement your crazy ideas
- decent 3D graphics with replay of all the pranks
- Free!!!!

With The Cranks your pranks will get bigger, better, and funnier! But will this constant pranking get pushed too far? Letís see!

AppStore:
The Cranks: epic pranks for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

WEB

Video

Thank you!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 AM

Looks to be very IAP-dependent. Shame because if this could be purchased outright with no 'consumables' I'd be very interested.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Looks to be very IAP-dependent. Shame because if this could be purchased outright with no 'consumables' I'd be very interested.
Right now I have opened 6 from 9 levels - still without IAP's.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:28 AM

If a game is free and offered as a commercial product then the only way open for the devs to make money is via IAP. In this case, the IAP must at some point become essential in order to either continue playing the game - or continue playing the game pleasurably. Unfortunately this means the actual cost to play the game is hidden - and often turns out to be a lot greater than you'd expect.

This is why I don't like IAP and much prefer it when a developer simply offers a product for a fixed price.

So anyway, I gave this game a shot. On the first level, failed twice and I'm now being offered the opportunity to continue by buying additional life. I have not yet accumulated enough in-game currency to purchase this and therefore I either start back from the beginning or spend money.

Sorry, but if you just got through 6 full levels with no need to purchase any IAP then I imagine you've already played this game a lot so you know what to do on each level - or you're the developer in which case you know how to do EVERYTHING.

But for a new player, this hits a wall real fast.

However I will say this game's really well done and it's a great concept. I just hate the way it's being sold :-(

Jamie.

Last edited by badmanj; 12-02-2012 at 07:59 AM..
Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 AM

Yes your truth. I played a lot. Keep in mind you will get coins for each passed levels even if it was passed second third etc time.
Just for 5 mins (if you already know all traps) your can get at least 35 coins.
I like replay levels to pass it in a less time.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:11 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Man, I HATE IAP necessary games!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavloG View Post
Yes your truth. I played a lot. Keep in mind you will get coins for each passed levels even if it was passed second third etc time.
Just for 5 mins (if you already know all traps) your can get at least 35 coins.
I like replay levels to pass it in a less time.
You see, this is the problem with the game... to learn all the traps you have to play a lot first - and in doing this, you'll die alot. Unless you pay $$$ to resume, each time you have to start again. This is a real grind.

It's a very high quality game but if I don't pay a lot of money I'll get frustrated and/or bored with this very quickly. If, on the other hand, it was rebalanced a little and the IAP removed, I think would be fairly priced at something like $2.99-4.99.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:59 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
im done... Thanks for letting people know this