★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How to get testers on TestFlight?

12-02-2012, 04:27 PM
#1
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 124
How to get testers on TestFlight?

We have decided not to release any more games without thorough testing and we have joined TestFlight which seems to be the right kind of service. The group for testers is created, but the thing is that the testers will not join it on their own...
So the question is - how do you motivate people to join your testing group and when they join how do you motivate them to do good testing?

If you are curious about our next game which will be a cute action game featuring a panda as the main character, please, feel free to join. Thanks!
12-02-2012, 04:39 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,922
I joined

12-02-2012, 04:40 PM
#3
Just tell us what your game is about and that should do it.maybe give 10 dollar iTunes card to testers if they keep giving feedback. Maybe others can give ideas.

I sent a request to join also.
12-02-2012, 04:45 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
I joined
Thanks!
12-02-2012, 04:46 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanzaiTokyo View Post
Thanks!
Basically say beta test and testflight and you got us at hello lol
12-02-2012, 04:50 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Just tell us what your game is about and that should do it.maybe give 10 dollar iTunes card to testers if they keep giving feedback. Maybe others can give ideas.

I sent a request to join also.
Well, that's the thing. I am planning things in advance and at the moment the game is in prototype stage, not quite ready for the release even for beta testing yet. But I am very confident that this is going to be a very fun action game. You will have to trust me at this point

I must say "maybe give 10 dollar to testers if they keep giving feedback" is a bit vague. It is not a problem to provide some incentive, but I am looking for a way to set more straightforward conditions of getting those small prizes to avoid frustration (I should mention that I am not willing to pay anything for meaningless feedback and I am sure some people will join just to get free $10)
12-02-2012, 04:53 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanzaiTokyo View Post
Well, that's the thing. I am planning things in advance and at the moment the game is in prototype stage, not quite ready for the release even for beta testing yet. But I am very confident that this is going to be a very fun action game. You will have to trust me at this point

I must say "maybe give 10 dollar to testers if they keep giving feedback" is a bit vague. It is not a problem to provide some incentive, but I am looking for a way to set more straightforward conditions of getting those small prizes to avoid frustration (I should mention that I am not willing to pay anything for meaningless feedback and I am sure some people will join just to get free $10)
Yea gotta point....ok scratch the give gift card thing. Just give us info as the stages progress.
12-02-2012, 04:53 PM
#8
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Put a post in the upcoming games forums and ask for beta testers. You'll get a lot of responses. Make sure to put up some screenshots of the games to see if they are interested.
12-02-2012, 04:53 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanzaiTokyo View Post
Well, that's the thing. I am planning things in advance and at the moment the game is in prototype stage, not quite ready for the release even for beta testing yet. But I am very confident that this is going to be a very fun action game. You will have to trust me at this point

I must say "maybe give 10 dollar to testers if they keep giving feedback" is a bit vague. It is not a problem to provide some incentive, but I am looking for a way to set more straightforward conditions of getting those small prizes to avoid frustration (I should mention that I am not willing to pay anything for meaningless feedback and I am sure some people will join just to get free $10)
I agree on the free $10 problem
I would give one app maybe a maximum of $2 for useful feedback though
12-02-2012, 04:56 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
I agree on the free $10 problem
I would give one app maybe a maximum of $2 for useful feedback though
Maybe a game at a certain price like 1.99 or 99 cents.

Or just give them a fourm to full out for info