12-03-2012, 10:47 AM
OK, I'm officially hooked on this. GOTW for me so far. This is so much fun! I'm really liking the 3 random event cards...it means different strategy for every game.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
OK, I'm officially hooked on this. GOTW for me so far. This is so much fun! I'm really liking the 3 random event cards...it means different strategy for every game.
Another reason I can't wait to get a Mini.

12-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Bums me out when they drop the ball on these cool boardgames. I'll probably wait for an update on this one cause of reports saying that the game has a few bugs. I might end up getting it regardless cause I love boardgames on the ipad. I'm really hoping that Eclipse will be out soon and be good, waiting for Through The Ages also
12-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Looks good, But it has issues now:
- animation works very bad - regular issues with long response after setting of last settlement
- AI is thinking quite long time
12-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitt View Post
- AI is thinking quite long time
1. The more complex the more the AI has to think.

2. I do not care about the few seconds. I have to say, it makes the game even more realistic ... and a small slow down is not the worst for an 'old fashioned Board game' ...

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
12-04-2012, 06:27 AM
I think the slowdowns are device specific. I have an iPad 2 and there are no slowdowns at all. The AI turns feel perfectly normal to me.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Regarding the lag: I don't think it's graphics so much as AI that's causing the slowdown. Annoying, but no dealbreaker. Hopefully an update will improve performance.
12-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
but there seems to be one bug in the rule implementation!
What is the bug in the rules implementation? Incorrectly following the rules is a deal killer for me, but hopefully they fix this.

This is by the folks that made the unofficial Dominion app, right?
12-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
What is the bug in the rules implementation? Incorrectly following the rules is a deal killer for me, but hopefully they fix this.
It will let you play a location ability on the same turn you picked it up. The location tiles are a little hazy compared to everything else. Yes, they go to fix it.

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
12-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
This is by the folks that made the unofficial Dominion app, right?
Nope, that was Hammer Technology; this is an official app from Queen Games.