★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Civl War The Battle Game, play either the Union or the Confederacy in an hex based strategy/board war game. Included battles are Brandy Station, Chickamauga and Fredericksburg. Play versus the computer or a friend on the same iPad.

Key features
========

* Three battles (Brandy Station / Chickamauga / Fredericksburg)
* Two different unit graphical styles (selectable)
* Figures bases that can be switched on/off
* Line of sight that can be switched on/off
* 3 A.I. levels (low/medium/high)
* In game overview map showing unit positions and state
* In game objectives screen
* Many units being present during a battle (69 in Fredericksburg)
* Buildings are based on original buildings in case photos exist
* Instructions
* Pre-game and in-game help

strivemind's comments:

12-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Great game so far I'm really enjoying it. The gameplay is perfect, the only suggestions I have at the moment is upgrade to retina graphics and change the icon.

GAMECENTER ID: Cali9ula
Hearthstone Caligula#1384
Games: Ascension, Battle of the Bulge, Drive on Moscow, Frozen Synapse, Titan HD, La Havre, NS Hex, Puerto Rico HD, BA & Panzer Corps

12-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
Great game so far I'm really enjoying it. The gameplay is perfect, the only suggestions I have at the moment is upgrade to retina graphics and change the icon.
What's wrong with the icon?
12-03-2012, 12:20 PM
It's weird, as the app was downloading it had the nice 2 flag and gun icon. Once it was fully downloaded and installed it changed to a completely white icon with bitstreamers through the middle.

Games: Ascension, Battle of the Bulge, Drive on Moscow, Frozen Synapse, Titan HD, La Havre, NS Hex, Puerto Rico HD, BA & Panzer Corps
12-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
It's weird, as the app was downloading it had the nice 2 flag and gun icon. Once it was fully downloaded and installed it changed to a completely white icon with bitstreamers through the middle.
Hi CoreyB,

I think this is caused by the iPad automatically creating a retina icon when no retina icon is present. I will ensure that a retina icon is present in the first available update...

Br,
Blit
12-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Looks fascinating. Any comparisons to pen & paper wargames that would serve to illustrate how this game plays out?

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
12-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Pen and paper, not that I can think of but I'm a hex and counter war gamer myself. It's really like a classic board game with moral, experience, die rolls(it uses its own system for that is essentially rolling a die). It's a great price for what your getting. The only issue I have s there doesn't seem to be a way to save your game. I've only played the first mission out of three. That one doesn't seem too long but I had to quit playing and didn't finish it. I guess my other issue would be that there are only three missions, but you can play either side so that makes it six. I really hope the dev either adds more or a level editor feature. Again, other then these two issues I really like tis game.

12-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Good game, like strategy Heroes
12-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
The only issue I have s there doesn't seem to be a way to save your game. I've only played the first mission out of three. That one doesn't seem too long but I had to quit playing and didn't finish it.
No mid-game saving? I'll wait for this to be addressed in a future build before buying.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
12-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Trailer available

Dear TouchArcade readers,

A new trailer is available at
http://youtu.be/0KbX8ihI2EQ

A better one will appear at the end of this week.

Br,
Blit

Last edited by thebitstreamers; 12-07-2012 at 10:40 AM.