★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Playstation 3 Thread! - everything ps3

07-08-2012, 01:50 AM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 213
Havnt touched ps3 for a while because i got a gaming laptop and played some sc2. Finally played enough and just got psn plus. The instant game collection is amazing. At lvl7 hoping to hit lvl8 soon with trophies
09-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Joined: May 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,744
Just announced: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix! The collection includes KH1 Final Mix, Re: Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/khhd/

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!

09-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
Just announced: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix! The collection includes KH1 Final Mix, Re: Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/khhd/
358/2 Days isn't a playable game in this collection.

They are putting the video 'events' from it into the collection. Was excited when I first read the news over at Kotaku, but became kind of bummed when I read 358/2 wouldn't be redone with the PS2 assets. Really wouldn't take much effort at all... Essentially just KH and CoM in HD with scenes from 358/2.
09-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Joined: May 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygamr View Post
358/2 Days isn't a playable game in this collection.

They are putting the video 'events' from it into the collection. Was excited when I first read the news over at Kotaku, but became kind of bummed when I read 358/2 wouldn't be redone with the PS2 assets. Really wouldn't take much effort at all... Essentially just KH and CoM in HD with scenes from 358/2.
Oops, forgot about that part. 358/2 Days will be in the form of HD cutscenes in some sort of theatre mode. Oh well, I never liked 358/2 Days that much besides the multiplayer aspect.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
09-20-2012, 03:43 AM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
Oops, forgot about that part. 358/2 Days will be in the form of HD cutscenes in some sort of theatre mode. Oh well, I never liked 358/2 Days that much besides the multiplayer aspect.
I actually haven't played it yet. Didn't bother with either of the two DS games- only KH games I haven't played.
09-20-2012, 04:52 AM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 447
Couldn't they just put KH 1 and 2 on it? Whoever is in charge of Kingdom Hearts games at Square has some serious mental problems.
09-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Joined: May 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,744
KH 1.5 trailer is up:

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
12-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,208
I picked up a super-slim PS3 Black Friday bundle for Xmas for me and my boys, and in looking at the games available there's a lot of good exclusives. So I'm kind of excited but the fact that the PS3 can not have more than one chat headset hooked up at the same time (for 2+ people to play online together and chat online with others at same time) is really lame. My kids will be bummed about that. Still, I'm looking forward to playing Uncharted 1&2, Infamous 1&2, Little Big Planet 2 and 3D Dot Game Heroes and whatever else we end up picking up over time. The Uncharted & Infamous games came with the console. The other two I picked it up cheap. I really want to get the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD remake bundle. Probably will get that next.
12-05-2012, 03:44 AM
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,395
I really looking forward Tales of Xillia, it got a near perfect score on Famitsu. It sad though that this gen has been really lackluster in the JRPG department compared to the previous gens. I know it had to do a lot with the shifts in tastes in America but still...

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
12-29-2012, 03:48 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,858
I got Far Cry 3 for Christmas! It's a really good game and all.. But, there's definitely something wrong with the graphics for me at least. The TV says that it's playing in 720p, but it looks like absolute crap. The textures are horrible. It looks like 360p.

Last edited by Jdragoon19; 12-29-2012 at 03:50 AM.