Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr

Lets hope it will be not like Blizzard always saying...

Very Soon

Another common term implemented by Blizzard often misleading players into excitement for future content. "Very Soon" is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the "now" half of the time table. Although this means closer to now than "soon" there is no guarantee that you will live long enough to see the content finally release.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:46 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

From Trent's Twitter:

@TrentOster: The bug was related to an app requirement we didn't meet. 💩We're working on the fix.

So it's not necessarily because there was bugs in the game, one of Apple's App requirements, whatever that may be...

Enjoying my BG:EE on pc, but I must say, I really look forward to be playing on my iPad.
This is killing me..
Old 12-04-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahsik View Post
This is exactly my problem. I had to let Imoen go.
You could have dualled her to a mage at level 6. She makes a pretty good one, is much sturdier and has better AC than single-class mages and can use a bow. Also, the experience needed for levelling is structured in such a way that it doesn't take her that long to catch up.

And it isn't like one thief in BG 1 can actually cover all relevant skills. Now, BG 2 may be a different story, but you can make your character human and choose stats with an eye to what you'd want to eventually dual them into. And I understand that EE would allow you to pick kits. I have always wondered how a swashbuckler or an assassin would play on low levels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
No problem! Just remember position is actually key,
Also, in BG1 ranged weapons rule. Everybody in your party should have some pips put into a ranged weapon that they can use. Have them concentrate their fire on one enemy at a time and you won't even need to close for most of the routine fights.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:47 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by spajdr View Post
Lets hope it will be not like Blizzard always saying...

Very Soon
That reminds me, there's a sign at a bar I go to, it says " Free beer tomorrow!" Of course when you go back the next day it still says that...

Maybe that's what they should post that on their site, "the game will be out tomorrow!", yeah...
Old 12-05-2012, 01:52 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

The hype is now finished.
The dev have make all the possible errors with this app, released then pulled loosing the possibility to patch it after a while, then they released a wrong version that was rejected...
If only they had left the NZ version...
For the first time in the app store they should have asked a few tips to the spiderweb for example, the arrogance have always a cost.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:40 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looks like they are still working on it..
So, I have no hope for this year anymore, since the Appstore is shutting done around the holidays..
Old 12-05-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
Looks like they are still working on it..
So, I have no hope for this year anymore, since the Appstore is shutting done around the holidays..
What are you talking about the app store shutting down for the holidays?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballer View Post
What are you talking about the app store shutting down for the holidays?
Just like he said, every year (so far) the app store shuts down for the holiday season. It just means that no new games or updates get released for that period of time.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpud View Post
Just like he said, every year (so far) the app store shuts down for the holiday season. It just means that no new games or updates get released for that period of time.
Where "that period of time" is December 21 to December 28 so everybody please try to contain your despair. There's plenty of time left unless it's really more than just some simple bug fixes. :P

(Go play Vice City while you wait. :P)
Old 12-06-2012, 05:48 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Well, the world's going to finish in a couple of days either way, so why bother?...

...seriously, though: the lockdown happens from December 21st to December 29th. If you don't believe the game can still be released this year, then you are far more pessimistic than many.

I'm patiently waiting for Baldur's Gate on my iPad - believe me, the ones who are suffering the most are the developers, not us - and in the meanwhile I have started to play Avadon HD for the first time, to get in the mood. There's lots of games out there for people to enjoy in the meanwhile - and it's not like the developers owe us anything at all, so let them take the time they need to deliver a solid game. Even if it will probably need to be patched afterwards.

Cheers.

[Edit: what dannythefool said - he posted faster than me]

Last edited by pjft; 12-06-2012 at 05:55 AM..

Closed Thread