Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-30-2012, 02:46 AM
iPhone 5

The update is out now. Contains mostly bug fixes and balancing tweaks, as well as updated textures (the rails should look a bit more lite metal). And some other minor stuff
Old 11-30-2012, 04:24 AM
iPhone 5

Here's a little comparison between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2:

Nothing major graphics wise, the rails look a bit more like chrome and it's been darkened a bit here and there. We've noticed some issues though, so next update will include a graphics update as well. And perhaps even proper chrome on the rails if performance isn't too bad or it doesn't look too pixelated.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

Love the chrome look, the table looks slightly better now.
Some questions:

Did you show the single target scores on the table in version one as well? These digital scores everywhere? Feels like taken from Zen Pinball, and somehow it doesn't fit to a recreation of "real" table. Make it an option (like they do as well).

And could it be that you are using this mirror effect of the dot matrix display in the upper part of the table just for missions, but not for lost balls, game overs and stuff?
Old 11-30-2012, 05:56 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

Played a bit more. First time that I reached the 5th mission. So, it really was my best game so far, but I was still a third behind my best score. So I really think, leaderboards are a bit messed up now.

I just saw that close combat with the upper flipper (all three lights lit by taking the left robot arm lane) now only gives you 250.000 instead of 1 mio points before. What about stacking this one? 1st time 250.000, second time 500.000, third time 750.000 and so on - counting for one ball. Since multiplier stacking is gone. Any stacking option would be REALLY cool and rewarding. I love to go for things again and again (like combos, hearing tripple combo makes me happy).

So far. Btw, was playing TA's Twilight Zone, but had to come back for ROTR. It's just the best right now.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Thanks for the update.
The more I play..the more I like this game. Granted I still can't complete one mission yet..but it's still fun trying.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Love this table! My best is only 2 completed missions. And feeling the need for one more try.... Maybe this time... Or the next... Great game!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:54 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I think I have played just about every pinball game available for iOS and this is probably the best. Super smooth play mechanics, great sound,art and awesome set up with the missions. Really well made.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:59 PM

This is a great little pinball game for iOS! Excellent even!

Unfortunately it lags pretty much on an iPad 1. Yeah, I know the thing is old but I was still hoping for it to run Rob-o-Bot. It's smooth and nice until them damn lights start flashing all over the table. I wish they could be optimized or even turned completely off.

I also do not like the table scrolling at all. I need a completely static table to setup shots properly. It's also killing the immersion. I don't play real pinball by constantly shifting my viewpoint all over the table, following the ball!

Other than that.. it seems real nice.

Physics seem generally really great but there is slightly weird behavior on the flippers when trying to do a passive/dead flipper pass (simply letting the ball bounce from one flipper to the other). It seems like the flippers flex a bit too much with the ball weight and thus cause passes that should have been successful to actually drain.

Cheers!
bManic
Old 12-04-2012, 07:55 AM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Love the chrome look, the table looks slightly better now.
Some questions:

Did you show the single target scores on the table in version one as well? These digital scores everywhere? Feels like taken from Zen Pinball, and somehow it doesn't fit to a recreation of "real" table. Make it an option (like they do as well).

And could it be that you are using this mirror effect of the dot matrix display in the upper part of the table just for missions, but not for lost balls, game overs and stuff?
Thanks! We aim to improve the graphics even further, our plan is to optimize it enough to have the ball shader on the rails as well, that will probably look sweet.

Regarding the digital scores, I'm not sure where they came from. Thanks for your thoughts. We'll see if they will be removed in this game or not, but maybe for next table. I'm personally not that fond of them either as I'm all for realism.

Everything that's in the big DMD is reflected. Some animations are only displayed in the small DMD though. The next table will only have a full DMD though.

We go through all customer feedback on Wednesdays, so all feedback is discussed and then prioritised!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:00 AM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Played a bit more. First time that I reached the 5th mission. So, it really was my best game so far, but I was still a third behind my best score. So I really think, leaderboards are a bit messed up now.

I just saw that close combat with the upper flipper (all three lights lit by taking the left robot arm lane) now only gives you 250.000 instead of 1 mio points before. What about stacking this one? 1st time 250.000, second time 500.000, third time 750.000 and so on - counting for one ball. Since multiplier stacking is gone. Any stacking option would be REALLY cool and rewarding. I love to go for things again and again (like combos, hearing tripple combo makes me happy).

So far. Btw, was playing TA's Twilight Zone, but had to come back for ROTR. It's just the best right now.
Yeah we might need to create a new leaderboard, will discuss that tomorrow.

Initially, Close Combat was pretty hard. The game is already hard enough You had to shoot the ramp three times in a row, without hitting anything else or let the ball fall down from the upper area. That's why you'd get 1M. We wanted to make it a little bit more accessible so we didn't reset it if you'd shoot something else or let the ball fall down. We forgot to change the points awarded though. Some of us aren't happy with it the way it works now, so thanks for your suggestion!