• Publisher: Mojaro
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 47.1 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: PLAY for FREE, FREE, FREE

"What if Temple Run was more like a fantasy role-playing game? This IS, right here." Kotaku.com

"4/5 stars" 148apps.com

"Talk about pedigree, KnightScape is the app equivalent of a Grand National winner." Pocket-Lint

A sword-smashing 3D running Adventure set in a stunning world, where lowly Peasants evolve into wealthy Princes, fighting ruthless enemies on a journey to destroy a pesky dragon.

Epic sword fighting and fast-paced running action across 10+ levels, culminating in the ultimate Man vs. Dragon battle.

Overcome flying fireballs, sharpened spikes, swinging axes, deadly swordsmen and so much more...including a cool new Sci-Fi level..

Armed combat on every level, with a range of classic weapons and armor available. Players can customize their character and maximize his performance; seeking the combination that leads to victory.

Cinematic delivery featuring realistic, smooth and engaging animation, outstanding Retina Display optimized and interface.

Endlessly engaging, Fun and Challenging, with more surprises to come!

killercow's comments:




Looks interesting, made by the former Medal of Honor and Uncharted AI chief Laurent Ancessi.
12-05-2012, 10:42 AM
#2
Tried it out. It's basically Temple Run on easy mode.

The graphics are great, but there are other clones that look better.

- Touch controls are VERY forgiving, timing wise.
- You have a large health bar which takes a hit if you fail to pass a obstacle. Depending on what you hit, this could be as much as 10 times with just the default starter armor.
- Turns are made automatically, no input required.

Items to improve your character come at a very steep cost. Roughly $12 for the most expensive armor or $10 for the sword.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind

12-05-2012, 11:08 AM
#3
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 18,247
Looks instaget to me. If it's a TR clone, what's with the combat described in the video?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-05-2012, 11:32 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Looks instaget to me. If it's a TR clone, what's with the combat described in the video?
Combat is pretty limited. You're basically doing your Temple Run thing, and occasionally stop for a quick Infinity Blade-ish battle. One button to block, one for horizontal attack, and another for vertical. It's pretty easy.

Oh, forgot to mention earlier that there is also a IAP energy system. They're called "Extra Plays" but actually get used up anytime you start/restart a level. You're typical wait a while and it will recharge, or purchase more immediately.

- Loading times are incredibly long.
- no fast app switching
- I'm not far, but levels are short so far

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
12-05-2012, 11:39 AM
#5
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 18,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Combat is pretty limited. You're basically doing your Temple Run thing, and occasionally stop for a quick Infinity Blade-ish battle. One button to block, one for horizontal attack, and another for vertical. It's pretty easy.

Oh, forgot to mention earlier that there is also a IAP energy system. They're called "Extra Plays" but actually get used up anytime you start/restart a level. You're typical wait a while and it will recharge, or purchase more immediately.

- Loading times are incredibly long.
- no fast app switching
- I'm not far, but levels are short so far
That doesnt sound too promising...

Thanks for the info!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-05-2012, 11:56 AM
#6
Joined: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,239
Aside from the incredible load times (took almost a full minute), is it just me or this game is a massive resource hog?

I closed all my apps and did a fresh reboot before launching the game. With a fresh phone, I started it up, when it finally loaded, everything looks like a stop motion film. Frame rate drops, entire phone slows down. I used those memory monitors and it said I had 50MB of ram available with the game running. Out of the 300 I usually have. Yowza!

Can't say for sure about the controls not being responsive, could be related to insufficient memory.
12-05-2012, 12:03 PM
#7
Unplayable on iPod Touch 4G, for anyone interested to know. Not only is the graphic non retina but it's still such a massive hog that the ram can't handle it. If you are really persistent, perhaps you ll get it to work; but it ll probably lag like crazy
12-05-2012, 12:13 PM
#8
Joined: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNexus View Post
Unplayable on iPod Touch 4G, for anyone interested to know. Not only is the graphic non retina but it's still such a massive hog that the ram can't handle it. If you are really persistent, perhaps you ll get it to work; but it ll probably lag like crazy
Glad to know its not just me. I tried a second time after a reboot and this time it went down to 36 MB of available RAM, out of 280!

Too bad.
12-05-2012, 12:15 PM
#9
Ran fine on my 3rd gen iPad, and yes the loading times are long. Even loading the menu takes a long time.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
12-05-2012, 12:17 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
Aside from the incredible load times (took almost a full minute), is it just me or this game is a massive resource hog?

I closed all my apps and did a fresh reboot before launching the game. With a fresh phone, I started it up, when it finally loaded, everything looks like a stop motion film. Frame rate drops, entire phone slows down. I used those memory monitors and it said I had 50MB of ram available with the game running. Out of the 300 I usually have. Yowza!

Can't say for sure about the controls not being responsive, could be related to insufficient memory.
Can you get a free app to check ram ?