Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

12-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ankara
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
Nothing at all.

Especially not Tearaway, Sly Cooper 4, Soul Sacrifice, Dead or Alive 5 Plus, Phantasy Star Online 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable, Gods Eater 2, Dragon's Crown, and Warrior's Lair.
Most of the games turn out to be not good or deserve the price we pay lately. AC3: Liberation and NFS:MW was cool but if they charge 40$ and even 50$ for games then they should release AAA games with better graphics or Vita sales will not go up. I also don't understand why Gameloft doesn't release their latest games like A7 and MC4 for Vita as well.
12-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkgames View Post
Most of the games turn out to be not good or deserve the price we pay lately. AC3: Liberation and NFS:MW was cool but if they charge 40$ and even 50$ for games then they should release AAA games with better graphics or Vita sales will not go up. I also don't understand why Gameloft doesn't release their latest games like A7 and MC4 for Vita as well.
If you don't think they're worth the money, then just don't buy them. It's funny that you mentioned Gameloft when Asphalt Injection and Dungeon Hunter Alliance are probably the biggest offenders. $7 on iOS, $15 on PS3, and $30 on Vita. No thanks.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!

12-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Belfast N Ireland
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkgames View Post
Most of the games turn out to be not good or deserve the price we pay lately. AC3: Liberation and NFS:MW was cool but if they charge 40$ and even 50$ for games then they should release AAA games with better graphics or Vita sales will not go up. I also don't understand why Gameloft doesn't release their latest games like A7 and MC4 for Vita as well.
It might take gamecards with more space before we see what the vitas really capable off I kind of suspect that might be the limiting factor as the Vitas actually got two very big advantages over the PS3 in hardware.

To explain myself the Vita has double the Ram and a GPU that's about 20% more capable than it's big brother, the PS3 does have the cell processor though so it's still ahead but not by as far as most people think and it's debatable how much the cell is actually used in games.

I do think we need less b-class developers taking titles in the meantime.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
12-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
It might take gamecards with more space before we see what the vitas really capable off I kind of suspect that might be the limiting factor as the Vitas actually got two very big advantages over the PS3 in hardware.

To explain myself the Vita has double the Ram and a GPU that's about 20% more capable than it's big brother, the PS3 does have the cell processor though so it's still ahead but not by as far as most people think and it's debatable how much the cell is actually used in games.

I do think we need less b-class developers taking titles in the meantime.
II read in an article about the development of NFS vita that apparently the devs had to cut back on some stuff because the vita wasn't as powerful as they originally thought.
12-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Belfast N Ireland
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
II read in an article about the development of NFS vita that apparently the devs had to cut back on some stuff because the vita wasn't as powerful as they originally thought.
I suspect they just haven't it all figured it out yet it's their first Vita title and it takes time for developers to get the most out of things, I think the Vitas plenty powerful for a handheld although if it's like the PSP we probably won't see it's best until near the end of it's life.

I'm mostly happy with the titles so far, just think a few of them were given low budgets and rushed.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
12-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ankara
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
If you don't think they're worth the money, then just don't buy them. It's funny that you mentioned Gameloft when Asphalt Injection and Dungeon Hunter Alliance are probably the biggest offenders. $7 on iOS, $15 on PS3, and $30 on Vita. No thanks.
I don't say that they should release at that price but they can release them for like 10$ and I'm sure they can get some good. Playing MC4 is hard on a touch screen phone. I am expecting much more graphics now cause Apple started to speed up the business with iPhone 5 and iPad 4 yet still iPad 3 exclusive games didn't release yet
12-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed looks great:

It was released on EU PSN by mistake and was then pulled. No word on release date in the US yet.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
12-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed looks great:
YouTube: video
It was released on EU PSN by mistake and was then pulled. No word on release date in the US yet.
The current US release date is 12-18-2012, the original release date was 11-11-2012 but it was pushed back. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm very excited for this game, I've had it pre-ordered since October.
12-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
thanks haruhi, i was looking for this video gameplay for long time and now i can say that my hope for vita is almost gone, why?
first, sony always said that vita is almost as powerful as ps3, so at least we can say that this device can hold a console graphics quality. but what i see on that video its just an iphone/ ipad quality from last year 2011, no real time shadow, no dynamic lighting, no cars reflection, no particle dust, lens glare, blur effect, gloomy effect that we get from the ps3 version. man that was a lot to sacrifice from a device that sony mentioned "close" to its big brother.
second, this is not the first time, nfsmw also suffer from from the same problem(no lens glare) and wrc3.
well, i guess im stick with iphone game now since i got iphone 5 and there's a lot of games are coming today. maybe they optimized it next year, maybe not, who knows. at this point if sony decide to release ps vita 2, ill buy it just to get all those graphics juice from ps3 version.
The Vita version has all of the content from the PS3 version and is priced at the same price as the vastly inferior 3DS version. Not a bad deal despite some visual downgrades IMO. Also, some levels tend to look better than others.



Edit: Wait, NFSMW on Vita doesn't have lens flare? Did I play a different game from you? I thought the lens flare in NFSMW was almost excessive...

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!

Last edited by Haruhi; 12-05-2012 at 07:22 PM.
12-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
the only reason i bought vita because i want to experience the console quality graphics on handheld, if i cant get it then ill stick with my iPhone. have you play mc4 bro? IMO, iphone already surpassed vita in term of graphics on some level. about nfsmw, ill find the video to show you.
Fair enough, although I'm personally still amazed by what the Vita can do graphically. Just to clarify about NFSMW, are you comparing the lens flare effects between the PS3 and Vita versions? I only own the Vita version, and I felt the lens flare was overwhelming to the point that the brightness would cause me to crash at times.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!