Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by georaldc View Post
To trick people into buying their games hahaha.

But seriously, its called bullshots and the sad reality is that a lot of other developers do it as well.
Basically, your iPad cannot run this game at the same resolution as them. They just have to crank the settings way up, max the resolution and AA, and make a screenshot. They also use a PC.

Every developer does this.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Why are the pics gameloft shows are wayyyyyy different then what people actually playing the game?
Hah, lesson learnt = don't buy Gameloft's BS all the time. They overhype every game of theirs!

Also, I remember when some people posted the impressions from the Android version in the upcoming thread, everyone starting saying Android was crap and it sucked bla bla bla.

Seriously, looking at the iPad 3/4 and seeing the pics at native resolution hurts my eyes. No friggin AA?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
To trick people into buying their games hahaha.

But seriously, its called bullshots and the sad reality is that a lot of other developers do it as well.
Some devs like Madfinger and Vector Unit who hv been churning out high quality games graphics wise don't do these BS. And well, they don't need to because the game look so good anyways, no tricks are needed!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:32 PM

Bullshots...lmfao

Regardless, it's still a game with pretty good graphics.

Don't really care as long as the gameplay holds up.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

The game does look good. I'm perfectly happy with more it looks now, and seeing as how the framerate is supposed to be rock-solid, I'm very pleased with the final product.

Edit: and seriously people, considering that consoles don't even crank out full 720p most of the time but upscale from ~500p, it looks great.

Last edited by JBRUU; 12-05-2012 at 08:36 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 PM
iPhone 4S

Gameloft really gotta hire new art director.. I don't give much shits about environment because its on mobile phone.. But why can't they change damm designs for the hands? Looks soo weird just like mc3
But gun designs are a lot better than mc3. So as the iron sight, which I love it so much. I hated iron sights in mc3
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
Yeah that's probably biggest problem with mc4. Big maps are kinda boring with 12 people
Sigh....small maps and people complain, yet these complaints persist even with huge maps.

Seriously, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 12 player MP a standard on even console and PC?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Sigh....small maps and people complain, yet these complaints persist even with huge maps.

Seriously, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 12 player MP a standard on even console and PC?
No. 18 player is usually the minimum in competitive FPSs. BF3 can have 60+ players in one game.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
The game does look good. I'm perfectly happy with more it looks now, and seeing as how the framerate is supposed to be rock-solid, I'm very pleased with the final product.

Edit: and seriously people, considering that consoles don't even crank out full 720p most of the time but upscale from ~500p, it looks great.
And still the overall visual quality of these console games is much much better than your typical gameloft software. The problem with gameloft games is they feel lifeless. They just fill your screen up with the latest shebang effects used in games today and don't really seem to care if it all looks good together.

I can imagine how they go about planning their games. "See that depth of field effect in game X? Let's add that in!". "Oohh, battlefield 3's lens flare, light blinding effect looks cool, let's put that in our game as well". "Ragdolls physics seem to be the thing nowadays, let's dial ours up above the norm so people will notice!"
Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
And still the overall visual quality of these console games is much much better than your typical gameloft software. The problem with gameloft games is they feel lifeless. They just fill your screen up with the latest shebang effects used in games today and don't really seem to care if it all looks good together.

I can imagine how they go about planning their games. "See that depth of field effect in game X? Let's add that in!". "Oohh, battlefield 3's lens flare, light blinding effect looks cool, let's put that in our game as well". "Ragdolls physics seem to be the thing nowadays, let's dial ours up above the norm so people will notice!"
Have you played the game or CoD?