Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:27 AM
jtfields jtfields is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 637
Default

Just noticed PGU just went up in price to $1.99. It had been sitting at $0.99 for awhile. I wonder if that's an indication that maybe an update is finally on the way. It doesn't seem like they've played too many pricing games in the past so I was thinking there might be some meaning to the price change.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM
davecazz's Avatar
davecazz davecazz is offline
Developer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Posts: 1,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
Just noticed PGU just went up in price to $1.99. It had been sitting at $0.99 for awhile. I wonder if that's an indication that maybe an update is finally on the way. It doesn't seem like they've played too many pricing games in the past so I was thinking there might be some meaning to the price change.
Hey, last night I changed the price but we are not doing any new content updates. there will be an update at the end of the year where we take out open feint but we are not planning on adding new content to PGU.

The price change is because PGU is really low in the ranks and we need to figure out how to make more revenue out of the game while we try to finish the runs. It's basically an experiment.

Although we do think that PGU has some pretty awesome mini games. it might not have as much content as PG but PG has been worked on for 4 years straight but we do think that PGU still more content than most other apps.

The problem is that we are finally hitting that point where we need to start focusing on new apps instead of tons of updates because our apps are not as high in the ranking as they used to be. If we were still in the top 50 with both apps we would be able to do updates for a long time to come.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-06-2012, 02:45 PM
jtfields jtfields is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecazz View Post
If we were still in the top 50 with both apps we would be able to do updates for a long time to come.
I completely understand that you need to put your time, effort and resources into apps that are going to make you money. Maybe you should experiment with a new PGU content update that is an IAP. Maybe your existing user base is loyal enough to buy it. I know I would (for my kids who love PGU.)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-13-2013, 03:15 PM
NeedPotato NeedPotato is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
Default Im really missing the new updates

What happens? Why not coming updates for the game?! The last update was just a bug fix and it was ath 2012 december!!!

I NEED MORE UPDATES!!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-13-2013, 03:17 PM
davecazz's Avatar
davecazz davecazz is offline
Developer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Posts: 1,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedPotato View Post
What happens? Why not coming updates for the game?! The last update was just a bug fix and it was ath 2012 december!!!

I NEED MORE UPDATES!!
no more updates for PGU, we are working on new games. We have to be careful where we put our time.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Jea219 Jea219 is offline
Junior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mexico
Posts: 2
Default Update?

10/31/13 and still not even a rumor of an update, seriously?
This is really disappointing, I thought it would be a great game, how do you expect to make a new good game, if you believe that it is ok to say that you basically don't care about all your costumers that have already bought a game in which you said you would launch new updates, because you need to make a new app to be "popular" in the top-ranking and save your time... It's just stupid, if you can't improve this game, that by the way isn't that original, it's basically pocket god, I'm sure you will never be able to create a game that people will like, besides the people that bought PGU, believe me, will never buy a new game of you, because you have already disappointed them, like me.

I can't believe your comments to the other people , it's like if you literally just didn't care about them...
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-31-2013, 12:41 PM
davecazz's Avatar
davecazz davecazz is offline
Developer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Posts: 1,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jea219 View Post
10/31/13 and still not even a rumor of an update, seriously?
This is really disappointing, I thought it would be a great game, how do you expect to make a new good game, if you believe that it is ok to say that you basically don't care about all your costumers that have already bought a game in which you said you would launch new updates, because you need to make a new app to be "popular" in the top-ranking and save your time... It's just stupid, if you can't improve this game, that by the way isn't that original, it's basically pocket god, I'm sure you will never be able to create a game that people will like, besides the people that bought PGU, believe me, will never buy a new game of you, because you have already disappointed them, like me.

I can't believe your comments to the other people , it's like if you literally just didn't care about them...
Journey to Uranus is finished, there are no more updates coming out for it.

There are more than 6 solid games in pgu that are equivalent to stand-alone games on their own. Maybe it doesnt match pocket god, but there is more content in pgu than in most other apps for the same price.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-01-2013, 03:40 AM
Adarsh02 Adarsh02 is offline
Junior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5
Default

Why did you guys have stopped adding things to PGU?

You should have added basics things like fire ants, temperature, dodo bird, fishing, ooga jump, the runs, underwater areas, etc. and if you have added these things and had raised its price to 4 USD, then also a huge amount of your customers have had bought it!

So please add more things to this game, Please I beg You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please!!!
Add more things to PGU!!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Adarsh02 Adarsh02 is offline
Junior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5
Default

Hey if you guys don't want to update PG JTU, then make PG iPad compatible!
Your sales will go above MT. Everest if you do this and change it's price to 1.99 USD.

This was my suggestion to you please think at this topic, please!
Keep making great apps!

Best wishes from
Adarsh
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent