Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 12-06-2012, 02:45 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Oh yeah, granted. Sony definitely messed up when it comes to system memory, the slowness of the XMB during games testifies to that.

Interesting fact that reminded me of this thread... and without intending to start a flame war: turns out PS3 is a better seller after all. MS announced the 360 hit 70 million units sold back in September, PS3 reached the same number in November. Given the 360 had a year head start, Sony's console is selling at a slightly faster rate. Who knew? Should ruffle up a few fanboy feathers over at GameFAQs.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:23 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Got both systems, and both extensively used - however, my kids have many more friends with Xbox than PS for on-line gaming.
At least if they have a number of friends you know, there is a bit more control. If they just go online, there are a lot of "colorful" individuals out there that will definitely expand your kids vocabulary, and teach them etiquette that you were probably not interested.
So, go with the system that the friends they are going to play with use. Also, check the games the friends are playing - if you want your kid to be playing Dora takes her cat to the market, but all the friends are playing Borderlands 2 or Black Ops, you may need to get all new online friends for your kid.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

One thing that bums me about the PS3 (I'm getting one for me and my two boys for xmas) is that it doesn't allow more than one headset to be used at the same time. So while they'll be able to play online with a cousin of their's that has a PS3, only one of them will be able to talk to him. I know you can use a PSEye, but I don't want the conversations in the house to go over the thing, so that's not an option.

But if there is a way to do this and I have it wrong, please let me know, because I didn't know going in that it had that limitation.

Also lack of Party Chat sucks. But there are some good exclusives on PS3 and I'm still pretty excited to finally have one.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:50 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I have a 360 but to me the grass always looks greener with the PS3, I do want to buy one but I know it's almost at the end of it's life and I never actually do.

Vitas done a lot to make me want to switch but also I've always love the Gran Turismo series.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:26 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Vitas done a lot to make me want to switch but also I've always love the Gran Turismo series.
If you ever get one, and get the GT series, you HAVE to get a wheel - the best ones are made by Logitech - I have this one, and it makes for an incredible realistic experience - there are more expensive wheels, but this one is pretty good....

Logitech GT Force Steering Wheel