★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
So should I buy this game or pass and wait for a price drop?
12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmart View Post
So should I buy this game or pass and wait for a price drop?
I suppose it depends on the device you have. I have it on my iphone 5, and as I mentioned in my post from a few minutes ago, even on my iphone the input lag has gotten in the way more than a few times. I'd imagine it's only worse on lower spec'ed hardware, which would include the iphone 4, ipad 1, & ipod 3, 4, & 5, unless the exclusion of some of the more intensive graphical elements like dynamic shadows for these weaker devices offsets the lag I'm seeing in my iphone 5.

I also feel a bit of "immersion disconnect" just mainly due to the fact that there is a pretty large time-lapse between when you press a button/swipe to when the action is actually performed. I effing hate that xD

NOVA 3, on the other hand (minus game-stopping script/AI errors) felt butter smooth with NO input lag.

Last edited by ibebyi; 12-06-2012 at 04:45 PM.

12-06-2012, 04:37 PM
This game has totally let me down. The first mistake was not optimizing the game with full retina in mind. The second mistake is performance problems.

Seriously, I could care less about special effects and more textures if it doesn't have a good resolution and smooth gameplay. FPS need the highest frames for the best gameplay more then any other genre.

I was excited for the game but it really disgusts me that even an iPhone 5 doesn't have buttery smooth gameplay. My iPad 3 will be playing Vice City, Mini Gore 2 and Into the Dead!

Gameloft has dropped the ball on this one. If they release an update with full retina and some frame rate tweaks then I might buy, but otherwise I'll stick with console titles in this department.
12-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decaf Table View Post
This game has totally let me down. The first mistake was not optimizing the game with full retina in mind. The second mistake is performance problems.

Seriously, I could care less about special effects and more textures if it doesn't have a good resolution and smooth gameplay. FPS need the highest frames for the best gameplay more then any other genre.

I was excited for the game but it really disgusts me that even an iPhone 5 doesn't have buttery smooth gameplay. My iPad 3 will be playing Vice City, Mini Gore 2 and Into the Dead!

Gameloft has dropped the ball on this one. If they release an update with full retina and some frame rate tweaks then I might buy, but otherwise I'll stick with console titles in this department.
Yeah, I feel you.. I don't even like depth of field, in fact I hate it (I mean c'mon, DOF on a FOUR INCH SCREEN!?), and the fact that I know it's bogging the game down by like another 5 fps just makes me boil! xD

I'm going to run over some hookers, I think that'll make me feel better.

Last edited by ibebyi; 12-06-2012 at 04:52 PM.
12-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
I am glad I am not the only one who is having problem with controls. Sometimes it just stops working for a second. Lol
That happened to me in single player, i had to get to the next checkpoint with just the run button and then restart the game to get movement back. Hasnt done it since that.
12-06-2012, 05:16 PM
It's like playing cod all over again. Sever is fast and good, but there is some lags btw players. Like I should have killed them for sure but sometimes it doesn't.
12-06-2012, 05:16 PM
It runs pretty smoothly on iPod 4 th gen, I haven't expected a lot of lag, except when notifications pop up
12-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruteOutlawz View Post
That happened to me in single player, i had to get to the next checkpoint with just the run button and then restart the game to get movement back. Hasnt done it since that.
It happened to me MP quite a lot... Way to fix it is either use the 2nd control lay out or change the control lay out and change back to your normal control setting
12-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
They gotta make ranked matches game modes longer! Games like zone control takes like 4 mins to end. Every match seems really short. I think the best match to play (only if you are good) to lvl up is VIP. Already lvl 20 now
I agree VIP is the best, I was lvl 1 but after 3 games I'm lvl 9,(not that much lol)
12-06-2012, 05:19 PM
I love this game so much! The depth of field can make it hard to see, but I bought a sight and now i can see fine in the sights. I am doing really well so far. 2.52 kd and 2.37 win loss.