Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-07-2012, 07:14 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

More first impressions on the game! Less talk about apple maps...please

How does the graphics/animations look? Obviously it's an old game and I rather not spoil the perfect image in my head since I played it on PC back in the days.
Tho...cross platform multiplayer sounds bloody awesome! Hopefully the Mac-version will be out soon.

Anyone with iPad mini or iPad 3 that has a comment about performance? I wish I could download it over 3G. Totally worth the 45min download if apple/operators allowed it
Old 12-07-2012, 07:14 AM
iPad (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I'm curious about that myself. As i understand it the actual game assets are the PC ones, they don't have the original art/animation masters so they couldn't produce higher res versions of them.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:47 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools75 View Post
For spells, you simply press on a spell icon for just 2 seconds and then it will show a page with all of that spell information.

Many years ago this was a true milestone of pure rpg gaming. Maybe Baldur's Gate even introduced the "pause-order-unpause-execute" gameplay mechanism, at least for me. About icons, probably you're right, but I feel this game exactly as it was the first time I played it on my PC years ago. In fact, no need of any tutorial to start (restart, eheh) playing... Ok, I'm lucky, being so older... :-)
Pause->order->unpause->execute was the reason I could never get into this game; same with later Bioware titles like KOTOR. That plus the uneven action lengths (some actions might take 1 turn, others 2 1/2, etc). I DID love Planescape:Torment, which used the same system. That game was, generally speaking, not a party-based rpg, though.

Did Might and Magic 6 come out before Baldur's Gate? I think it did. It had the same system, though every action took the same amount of time.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:03 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

I'm still in the process of downloading the game (may take a while), but can anyone confirm that there is multiplayer via gamecenter? In their marketing materials, they have this line item:

Quote:
Gamecenter Support allows you to keep track of your friends and invite them to play with you
I ask because I didn't see the Gamecenter icon in the description when I clicked to download the game. So I'm concerned that they may have taken the multiplayer portion out.

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

*Starts clearing space* I'm sure it'll be we'll worth it.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:29 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacfive View Post
I see the file size listed as 1.9gb, can anyone confirm what the size is with all the extra IAP installed as well? I want this, and want it all... But might have to free up some space.

Also. People not upgrading to iOS 6 because of the maps. Really, they aren't THAT bad. Sure the database isnt that hot, but the navigation is great so long as you know the address. Besides, nokia maps is in the store. That's a good back up.
Confirmed at 1.9gb with all IAP.

I have a feeling the IAP is already installed in the initial download, and you are just paying to 'access' or 'activate' it. I didn't have to wait for any secondary downloads when I threw 9 more bucks at them.

So far the game is great, even with its "weird to get used to" touch controls and 2-second touch tooltips. Oh, and a big ol' bug: don't home-screen click out of the game without saving, unless you want to lose your progress when you re-enter to a black screen

Last edited by Psiufoxx; 12-07-2012 at 08:33 AM..
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Played it for about a couple of hours on my iPad 3.

So far it's pretty cool, but with a few problems...

- Entering buildings is a bit tricky. Sometimes you open doors and walk in and nothing happens. The trick I did was to just go in and out and eventually the inside area would load. Hope that would be fixed.

- Is it really intended that you encounter instant death attacks so early? On the road to the Friendly Arm Inn, the group gets ambushed by bandits, and you simply cannot win. Yeah, it's a random encounter but damn... talk about totally throwing you to the sharks.

Otherwise, it's going fine. Slowly but surely. Yeah, it's fun, and I'll take these little quirks handily.
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeOfPoseidon View Post
I'm still in the process of downloading the game (may take a while), but can anyone confirm that there is multiplayer via gamecenter? In their marketing materials, they have this line item:

Quote:
Gamecenter Support allows you to keep track of your friends and invite them to play with you
I ask because I didn't see the Gamecenter icon in the description when I clicked to download the game. So I'm concerned that they may have taken the multiplayer portion out.

Thanks!
Just finished downloading and looks like there is in fact no GameCenter support. I've just started messing with it, so does that mean no multiplayer support also? Maybe someone more familiar with their development trajectory knows more, but that is disappointing if that part was cut out.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Seen on the Devs twitter just now, Looks like it could be updated for you ipad1 -ers

"Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
The version that just passed approvals is limited to iOS6. We still have to work on the iOS5.1 iPad1 support and will update its when solid."
Old 12-07-2012, 08:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Feeling the hurt!

Still stuck on my iPad 1, so no BG:EE for me until next spring (unless my tax return gets siphoned into yet another emergency bill).

Still being on the original iPad has had its bummer moments this year, but man I am really feeling the hurt today. It's actually a good thing for me, though, because I have an early final this Monday and I know there's know way in hell I would have studied this weekend if I was able to play this...

Gotta find that silver lining!