Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:56 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Secretly wishing they'd release or include the original NES console editions.
Agreed I miss the pureurity that those essence has
Old 12-07-2012, 08:06 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Has english been confirmed for the 12/20/12 release?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:30 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Knowing Square Enix, this will probably be the most expensive game in iOS history/future.

$59.99. Can't wait to see people comment on how, "it's so worth it."
Old 12-07-2012, 08:31 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

This gives me hope that FF VII is one day coming to the app store.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:42 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
This gives me hope that FF VII is one day coming to the app store.
It will after FF 5 and 6 but if this ff4 doesn't get enough sales then nope. So everyone has to buy it please
Old 12-07-2012, 09:00 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The day ff6 remake comes out, the world shall rejoice. (at least the older gamers) I get a feeling the English version won't come out until months later. Also hope this one doesn't run at 20fps like the ds one did
Old 12-07-2012, 09:09 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
The day ff6 remake comes out, the world shall rejoice. (at least the older gamers) I get a feeling the English version won't come out until months later. Also hope this one doesn't run at 20fps like the ds one did
The thing that worries me is that all the Final Fantasy iOS ports are the neutered/altered "updated" editions of older Final Fantasy originals. Is there a Final Fantasy VI "remake"?

Like I said I'd love see the console originals, they did release relatively untouched ports of Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana so fingers crossed. Would Square Enix really chance releasing a 20 year old game to modern audiences without some sort of improved graphics, animated introductions, reduced difficulty, or other abominations to cater to what appears to be their perception of a market flooded with short attention span casual gamers? That aside I'm sure they are busy tweaking/butchering FFVI as we speak but my concern is that we may get a watered down mimic of the legendary classic. /rant

Last edited by undeadcow; 12-07-2012 at 09:12 AM..
Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

While its nice and "pure" if they released an unaltered version of ff6, I would treat it as lazy as it would be a straight port. Very interested to see how the game would look and feel if they gave it the 3d treatment. And as mentioned, gamers these days prefer a more modern look to the games, going with sprites again wouldn't reach out as far to the new generation of gamers considering how visuals have become.

In any case, the remake would happen on another console first, and then ported over to ios like 2 years later. Hope apple is still doing well whenever that happens.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
The thing that worries me is that all the Final Fantasy iOS ports are the neutered/altered "updated" editions of older Final Fantasy originals.
If This is the DS version (which I think it is), this game will hand you your @ss. The US 16bit version of FF4, had a reduced difficulty. This is a return to the Japanese version difficulty. I remember when I first played this on my DS, I was just wandering around and grinding. I got to a part not far from the beginning of the game, got into random attack, 1 turn, party was wiped.
I had to grind for a few hours more before my Party of 2 could walk around safely in that area.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:21 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigE1669 View Post
If This is the DS version (which I think it is), this game will hand you your @ss. The US 16bit version of FF4, had a reduced difficulty. This is a return to the Japanese version difficulty. I remember when I first played this on my DS, I was just wandering around and grinding. I got to a part not far from the beginning of the game, got into random attack, 1 turn, party was wiped.
I had to grind for a few hours more before my Party of 2 could walk around safely in that area.
Thank you, my hopes are renewed.

Closed Thread