Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 AM
iPhone 4

Hi guys, is Final Fantasy II on Iphone the same as Final Fantasy IV in Japan SNES?

Edit: Sorry I just re-read the pass comments, saying the FF2 on iPhone is actually the Japanese FF2.

Last edited by Romeo Longsword; 12-07-2012 at 11:14 AM..
Old 12-07-2012, 11:18 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Dear Square Enix,

Please release Final Fantasy VI (or even the SNES FF VI) without any 3D bullcrap. And please don't make it a grind fest and put in save anywhere and an option to have the whole gang level up automatically. K Thx Bye.

-Serian
Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo Longsword View Post
Hi guys, is Final Fantasy II on Iphone the same as Final Fantasy IV in Japan SNES?

Edit: Sorry I just re-read the pass comments, saying the FF2 on iPhone is actually the Japanese FF2.
Pretty much all the versions of FF2 after the SNES release have been the original Japanese FF2 instead of FF4 (USA FF2).
Old 12-07-2012, 11:29 AM

Are either of the versions on sale worth the $? I played a couple version of FF as a kid but don't remember which ones. I generally don't have enough time for RPGs these days, but might consider one of these for nostalgic purposes since I think this is the biggest sale they've had to date.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
...These people are really sticking to their guns on Chrono Trigger, which has never gone on sale.
^^^^ This!!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
Are either of the versions on sale worth the $? I played a couple version of FF as a kid but don't remember which ones. I generally don't have enough time for RPGs these days, but might consider one of these for nostalgic purposes since I think this is the biggest sale they've had to date.
I think of these games, FF3 is probably the most competent of the three as it adds job systems and stuff. But FF1 is the only one of the three that came to the NES in the US. So depending on how long ago it was when you were a kid will affect which game will bring the most nostalgia. For me, I started with FF on the NES... but I also like digging through an entire series and for ~$17 to get all 3 games seems like a good deal since Square rarely has a sale on anything.

Of the two cheaper ones, FF2 is probably the better overall game.

Last edited by nightc1; 12-07-2012 at 11:41 AM..
Old 12-07-2012, 12:00 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
...These people are really sticking to their guns on Chrono Trigger, which has never gone on sale.
LoL I was going to say the exact same thing

I can wait though. I love having the patience to get good deals on Square Enix games
Old 12-07-2012, 12:05 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
...But FF1 is the only one of the three that came to the NES in the US. So depending on how long ago it was when you were a kid will affect which game will bring the most nostalgia. For me, I started with FF on the NES... but I also like digging through an entire series and for ~$17 to get all 3 games seems like a good deal since Square rarely has a sale on anything.
If you haven't played the iOS port prepared to have your childhood memories ravaged by defunct difficulty and other "updates." It's odd to me that people hear the name Final Fantasy and immediately compare to the NES classic(s) when there is perhaps too much "updating." George Lucas has nothing on these guys. The plot, such as there is any plot, is the same but the gameplay is streamlined somewhat. The Final Fantasy iOS ports are worth picking up for the uninitiated but don't compare to the actual original games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serian View Post
Dear Square Enix,

Please release Final Fantasy VI (or even the SNES FF VI) without any 3D bullcrap. And please don't make it a grind fest and put in save anywhere and an option to have the whole gang level up automatically. K Thx Bye.

-Serian
Yes! Where is the like button?

Last edited by undeadcow; 12-07-2012 at 12:17 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 12:51 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Does this version of FF1 fix the mistake where Masters have worse stat growth than Black Belts?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
If you're a fan of old school 8-bit and 16-bit RPGs I'd say they're worth it. The updated visuals are nice but still have a nostalgic charm and the gameplay holds up surprisingly well despite the passage of time.

Maybe be wary of FFII though. A lot of people don't like the stat leveling system in that game. It's a bit ridiculous having to attack yourself to grind for HP increases and silly things like that.