★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What is it with all the "OLD" games??

12-07-2012, 10:57 AM
What is it with all the "OLD" games??

Recently, I've realized there are just too many old games being rebooted on iOS, and I think that this is unhealthy for the growth of the platform. Seriously, if you played a game 10, 20 or 30 years ago, what purpose is there to play it again? Why not try playing new games set and made for the modern world?

There's been Jet Set Radio/Crazy Taxi by Sega, whole list of Final Fantasy by Square Enix, GTA games by Rockstar, Raiden Legacy, Carmageddon....and really so many more that I don't bother to care about.

When will this madness end?
12-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Recently, I've realized there are just too many old games being rebooted on iOS, and I think that this is unhealthy for the growth of the platform. Seriously, if you played a game 10, 20 or 30 years ago, what purpose is there to play it again? Why not try playing new games set and made for the modern world?

There's been Jet Set Radio/Crazy Taxi by Sega, whole list of Final Fantasy by Square Enix, GTA games by Rockstar, Raiden Legacy, Carmageddon....and really so many more that I don't bother to care about.

When you decide to stop worrying and play minigore

12-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
When you decide to stop worrying and play minigore
Minigore is not that good I like what they are doing so stop bitching. I hope max Payne 2 is next
12-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post

You just lost all credibility when you complained about rockstar porting the GTA games.
12-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
You just lost all credibility when you complained about rockstar porting the GTA games.
Disagree gta vice city rubbish port that does not work on the devices it should according to description
12-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbruu View Post
you just lost all credibility when you complained about rockstar porting the gta games.
+100000
12-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
+100000
...no iPod 4 support ... Says in description that it does ??
In what world is that acceptable im so happy I bought minigore 2 which works even though it says it won't
12-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Disagree gta vice city rubbish port that does not work on the devices it should according to description
I haven't heard of that problem. But the game itself is excellent. Don't complain if you have an outdated device; it works and looks beautifully on current ones.

Last edited by JBRUU; 12-07-2012 at 11:18 AM.
12-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I haven't heard of that problem. But the game itself is excellent. Don't complain if you have an outdated device; it works and looks beautifully on current ones.
Well big point is rockstar states on the app page works for iPod 4 and it doesn't so people are gonna hurry and get it then see that it doesn't.

On minigore 2 it works for now but after updates it will keep crashing and play crappy like dead trigger
12-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Is complaining about true "console-quality" games in the App Store a thing now?

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!