Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-07-2012, 12:02 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 4.x

Fuuuuu iOS6 and 9.99$... Going update iOS and broke piggy bank
Old 12-07-2012, 12:09 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

What a great gift this is on my birthday! What wasn't great was cleaning out my iPad for space after MC4 and Vice City also came out this week. Put a lot of loved ones to rest, but I'm set for a while.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:31 PM

Can I get some basic help to get this working ?

I bought and downloaded the game.

Hook up iPad to laptop . iTunes recognizes iPad and goes to sync up. Baldurs gate shows up in the sync, then stops and says "iOS 6 needed" or something along those lines

I update to IOS 6 and then update my iPad . Reconnect to my laptop. iTunes syncs but doesn't add Baldurs gate to the iPad.

It shows the game as one of my iPad apps, but doesn't want to auto sync it to my iPad.

Any input on what exactly I'm doing wrong and how to get this game on my iPad so I can start enjoying it?

Sorry Is this is a noob issue, and help is appreciated!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamessh1 View Post
Can I get some basic help to get this working ?

I bought and downloaded the game.

Hook up iPad to laptop . iTunes recognizes iPad and goes to sync up. Baldurs gate shows up in the sync, then stops and says "iOS 6 needed" or something along those lines

I update to IOS 6 and then update my iPad . Reconnect to my laptop. iTunes syncs but doesn't add Baldurs gate to the iPad.

It shows the game as one of my iPad apps, but doesn't want to auto sync it to my iPad.

Any input on what exactly I'm doing wrong and how to get this game on my iPad so I can start enjoying it?

Sorry Is this is a noob issue, and help is appreciated!
Check the file under Apps, and then sync your Ipad.
The new ITunes disabled that.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:48 PM

For anyone interested, the iPad version does NOT support iCloud. A huge omission considering how long the game is

Was looking forward to playing both on my iPad 3rd generation and iPad mini.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:56 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Streaker View Post
I'm at the part where the thief teaches you to pick locks. I went to the cabinet, picked the lock, got party xp for it, but it didn't seem to register. She keeps asking me to pick the lock, but it's no longer pickable. What dumbass thing did I do wrong?
I am having the same problem. I saved right before and tried a few times. Anyone get past this in the tutorial?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Streaker View Post
I'm at the part where the thief teaches you to pick locks. I went to the cabinet, picked the lock, got party xp for it, but it didn't seem to register. She keeps asking me to pick the lock, but it's no longer pickable. What dumbass thing did I do wrong?
I got stuck there too. Had to try about twenty times, touching slightly below the chest to pick up the item.

Also, I think I need to read the manual, and the game needs some icon pictures in the dialog to learn a few things. Making it very difficult to learn what to do at the moment... Not sold on touch controls so far. Two steps to highlight more than one party member, no hover over to tell what spell does what, etc...
Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeV83 View Post
For anyone interested, the iPad version does NOT support iCloud. A huge omission considering how long the game is

Was looking forward to playing both on my iPad 3rd generation and iPad mini.
The developers have been using file manager software to transfer saves across different platforms, so unfortunately you may have to live with that as a solution for now.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
I am having the same problem. I saved right before and tried a few times. Anyone get past this in the tutorial?
I had this issue at first, after picking the lock, you have click on the cabinet again to open it and take the sapphire (or whatever it is) out. Then she'll acknowledge that you picked the lock.

The trickest part of the tutorial for me was figuring out how to get in the basement (the opening to get there was difficult to see) - my old eyes have become too adjusted to the fidelity of today's games.

Now since we're on the subject of dumb questions - how do you gather your party to climb stairs? All I can do is put them in formation and click the stairs, but they just seem to mill about without going back up.

Update: Figured it out; just had to keep clicking on the stairs while in formation til I got the exact right spot to ascend. Needle in a haystack.

Last edited by WakeOfPoseidon; 12-07-2012 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 12-07-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicon View Post
I got stuck there too. Had to try about twenty times, touching slightly below the chest to pick up the item.

Also, I think I need to read the manual, and the game needs some icon pictures in the dialog to learn a few things. Making it very difficult to learn what to do at the moment... Not sold on touch controls so far. Two steps to highlight more than one party member, no hover over to tell what spell does what, etc...
Yeah, the "no tooltip" on skill and spells is absurd, I have no idea what special skills/powers my paladin has. Just 4 icons, I don't remember all icons from 13 years ago!