Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

I'm going to be trying the PrMac FREE one this weekend, I'll post something in here on the outcome.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:19 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Good luck with your game.

I must admit in your app description i wouldnt mention it was created by a 15 year old. Its only because its turned into a bit of 'boy who cried wolf' now as i've seen quite a few apps the last year who were created by a boy of 15, a boy of 12, a boy of 10 etc and they always have to mention their age in the description. I personally think 'some' are fake and they just put that to get more sales.

NOT in your case dont get me wrong but i get the impression on 'some' of these games that they put that so people think 'ahhhh great a 15 year old kid code that, better be kind....' about the game. When i buy a game personally i dont care if its coded by an 80 year old or a 15 year old, i just want a good game.

I do agree you should go to the local newspaper as they normally love stories like that but in the tough world of apps on the app store i wouldnt personally mention your age.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:33 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSpiral View Post
I'm going to be trying the PrMac FREE one this weekend, I'll post something in here on the outcome.
Thanks
Old 11-16-2012, 03:50 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Good luck with your game.

I must admit in your app description i wouldnt mention it was created by a 15 year old. Its only because its turned into a bit of 'boy who cried wolf' now as i've seen quite a few apps the last year who were created by a boy of 15, a boy of 12, a boy of 10 etc and they always have to mention their age in the description. I personally think 'some' are fake and they just put that to get more sales.

NOT in your case dont get me wrong but i get the impression on 'some' of these games that they put that so people think 'ahhhh great a 15 year old kid code that, better be kind....' about the game. When i buy a game personally i don't care if its coded by an 80 year old or a 15 year old, i just want a good game.

I do agree you should go to the local newspaper as they normally love stories like that but in the tough world of apps on the app store i wouldnt personally mention your age.
I see what you mean with the "boy who cried wolf" thing - I haven't planned to put how I'm 15 in the description because I tried to make my app look as professional as possible so that, like you said, people might actually download my app because they like the look of it rather than a pity download because I'm 15..

I'm mainly pushing the 15-year-old thing in marketing because that's the only way I can get noticed in a really crowded market. Thanks for the help though - it's really helpful
Old 12-07-2012, 05:40 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks everyone that posted on this thread, Save Gloop is available now on the App Store - please download it if you can. Your support is much appreciated. Thank you.

iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/save-gloop!/id575122594?ls=1&mt=8
Old 12-07-2012, 10:58 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

I'm still doing a bit more research for this. Been trying Prmac on different times/different days etc. Currently having a go with Facebook Ads to see what difference they make / how useful as a marketing tool.

I think my games are quite niche but the results may be useful.

Anyway, not forgot about this.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:28 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesallen View Post
If you were 15-years-old (like me) and had a cool unique game for iPhone ready launch, how would you get your game noticed with... well... a 15-year-olds budget?
As a 15 year old you likely have an abundance of 2 resources a lot of adults don't - time and tenacity.

You can use these resources to

- post on every single iPhone gaming forum you can find
- hit up every gaming journalist/website you can
- find a way to get your local press (school newsletter, newspaper, local TV news) to cover you
- hit up people at school, on the same sports teams/clubs, friends, family to try it, after all "It's only a buck!"
- collaborate with other developers to cross promote each others games

For the type of game it is and the monetization model you have, you should NOT be spending real money on advertising. You won't get the return you need.

Good luck!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:08 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikPok View Post
As a 15 year old you likely have an abundance of 2 resources a lot of adults don't - time and tenacity.

You can use these resources to

- post on every single iPhone gaming forum you can find
- hit up every gaming journalist/website you can
- find a way to get your local press (school newsletter, newspaper, local TV news) to cover you
- hit up people at school, on the same sports teams/clubs, friends, family to try it, after all "It's only a buck!"
- collaborate with other developers to cross promote each others games

For the type of game it is and the monetization model you have, you should NOT be spending real money on advertising. You won't get the return you need.

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice - don't worry I haven't spent any money at the moment... just been doing stuff you've said.

Cheers.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I just want to say that your app looks great, awesome work
Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

thats a great app!