Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-08-2012, 11:06 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I recommend Neon Adventures. The movement has sort of a floaty space physics that feels slightly like a space combat game (i.e. Red Nova) that I enjoy. The level designs are challenging involving timed challenges with color scheme obstacles. The powers/items on the left side are purchased with currency that can be earned in game (albiet slowly) and the items don't seem necessary. Obstacles are mostly lifeless objects. Parts of this game remind me of Tilt to Live or Hyperlight with great emphasis on environmental puzzles rather than combat.

Edit: In game currency and shop make me suspect IAP is likely but that does not appear to be in place yet.

Last edited by undeadcow; 12-08-2012 at 11:19 AM..
Old 12-08-2012, 11:58 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Hit me up with a code for the iPad version later on if you'd like impressions for that. Feels like a calming experience with the visuals and sounds.
will do for sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Edit: In game currency and shop make me suspect IAP is likely but that does not appear to be in place yet.
thanks for the awesome words .....to let you know, there is IAP but we've tried to keep it on the down low.....the game can be completed without any of the powers on the left...its just that things get easier with the powers...
Heads up, the powers won't necessarily win you three stars if you're going for it...

Last edited by rks_89; 12-08-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Old 12-08-2012, 12:27 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I recommend Neon Adventures. The movement has sort of a floaty space physics that feels slightly like a space combat game (i.e. Red Nova) that I enjoy. The level designs are challenging involving timed challenges with color scheme obstacles. The powers/items on the left side are purchased with currency that can be earned in game (albiet slowly) and the items don't seem necessary. Obstacles are mostly lifeless objects. Parts of this game remind me of Tilt to Live or Hyperlight with great emphasis on environmental puzzles rather than combat.

Picking this one up - thanks for your impressions - really sounds like something that's right up my ally. =oD
Old 12-08-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Picking this one up - thanks for your impressions - really sounds like something that's right up my ally. =oD
awesome syntheticvoid...
i really don't know but i'm guessing some promocodes are still avaliable...
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=169478
do give it a shot......
really hoping to hear from you soon...
Old 12-09-2012, 12:44 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Reminds me a lot of Pew Pew mixed with a little Tilt to Live. Controls are great, a virtual stick lets you squeeze into tight spots like you meant to. Open the traps, gather the babes and lead them home. Well done! Only played a few levels but I can't wait to see whats next! Thanks!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:44 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Alrighty... I've played a bit, and I think this is the first time that a static joystick is getting to me. I'm finding it pretty frustraiting trying to weave through everything while moving as fast as the butterfly does with the static stick -

any chance you could add a floating joystick alongside the static one? (my god I NEVER thought I've ever say those words)

Other than that, the gameplay is solid, and the different gameplay mechanics and hazards definitely make the game challenging enough to keep it interesting. I'm definitely looking forward to the HD build so I can play on my iPad in full screen instead of 2X as well. =oD
Old 12-10-2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Alrighty... I've played a bit, and I think this is the first time that a static joystick is getting to me. I'm finding it pretty frustraiting trying to weave through everything while moving as fast as the butterfly does with the static stick -
awesome...thanks a lot for the kinda words and kickass feedback...
we actually were toying around with a floating controller but it sorta messed up with some other controls and our schedule when were working on it, so we decided to put it down for later...and frankly speaking the idea diluted as time passed by....
Nevertheless, you have reminded us of it again which is great, so now we'll start figuring out how we could do it and we'll make sure its comes in an upcoming update...

just to let you know...for the next update(after the update for the small tweak mentioned above) we've got some more levels lined up, so that'll come sooner

Last edited by rks_89; 12-10-2012 at 12:58 AM..
Old 12-10-2012, 01:34 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Really cool game! But since I play only on my ipad, I'm sure I would enjoy the ipad version much more. This game feels a little like glowfish to me, and I loaded it both on my iphone 4 and new ipad. It plays well on both. Looking forward to seeing the hd version. Gonna play some more tonight.

One note, when you are too slow it says "Time runs fast" probably should read something like "time ran out" or "time expired" or "too slow".
Old 12-10-2012, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
One note, when you are too slow it says "Time runs fast" probably should read something like "time ran out" or "time expired" or "too slow".
thanks for the great words......
with regard to your suggestion, thanks a lot for pointing it out.. we actually have a few text's coming there so its not only that...maybe in the update we'd change that as well...
Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaVyZ View Post
My feedback: i kinda enjoyed the game....completed about 20 levels and it was a lil bit bit tricky at times but some good fun...my only issues like syntheticvoid mentioned were the controls...probably could have an tilt..i donno know, you guys shld figure it out....and also at some points the color of the butterflies were kinda tricky to identify since there were some similar colors around...also i don't really know how to get the three stars, so probably something to let me know of it would make it more interesting...
the music and visuals were quite soothing and the effects were pretty fun...and really enjoyed the whole feel of the game...

So overall nice...
thanks JaVyZ ....that sounds constructive..and loverly screenshare...
to let you know...we've got a update ready to be uploaded.
it now has multiple controls and I must say a huge props to syntheticvoid for the suggestion cause now its like seriously awesome....am really hoping you guys will like it...we tried the tilt but it was quite hard to play when we were testing it around, so we kinda left that out...
also about the color, we've actually got a few suggestions from others as well to change that, so we've done that as well....
so thats ready for the update along with a few more levels....

but unfortunately the previous small tweak update which we made still hasn't been approved and by the looks of it, its really sad that this major update might go on to next year...nevertheless we're uploading it this year and hoping for the best...

as about the other suggestions you had made about the 3 stars and stuff, we still need to look into it and we'll try our best in doing that as soon as possible..

again thanks for the everything...