App description: Experience the thrill of air combat in this explosive 360 degrees 2D air combat arcade adventure!

Fly a modern fighter jet to defeat alien UFOs and blow up gigantic alien mother ships about to invade your planet.
Gain back control over occupied territory in epic dogfights and defend it against aliens that just don't want to give up.

Fight your way to the top and climb up the air force ranks while distinguishing yourself in combat.

Earn credits for kills, skills and completed missions to unlock and upgrade combat aircraft as well as multiple special high-tech weapons.

Choose from a huge arsenal of powerful gatlings, guided missiles, smart bombs, lasers, and a railgun to blow the vast alien invasion fleet out of the skies all around the globe.

While saving the world from the alien invasion, earn medals for your combat achievements and lead your friends as the best pilot.

Get ready for the hottest dogfight challenge available!

Vincenator's comments:
I am part of a new 3-person development team (Prism Game Studios) and we just released our first game (Lightning Assault) to the App Store (Really excited about it! =D )

The app is currently $0.99

Lightning Assault is a 360 degrees 2D air combat game that allows the player to select 1 of 4 different jets (each with a unique arsenal of weapons) and complete missions around the world map by strategically combating alien aircraft (including giant alien Motherships!) Weapons can be upgraded with credits earned from in-game kills and combo-maneuvers, and there are many achievements to unlock.

Official iTunes URL: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lightning-assault/id561474052?ls=1&mt=8

We are very new to this industry and would appreciate any and all feedback on the game. Thank you!

Official Game Website: lightningassault.com
Official Studio website: prismgamestudios.com

Suggestions for the sites are also warmly welcomed!
12-10-2012, 12:24 AM
#2


12-10-2012, 01:38 AM
#3
Quote:
"2D air combat game"
You mean shmup?

Bought it but have to get to work now so I'll post some impressions later.
12-10-2012, 09:22 AM
#4
Yeah, it's a shmup. Got a little complicated on the wording.

Thanks for trying it out! Can't wait to see impressions!
12-10-2012, 02:33 PM
#5
Nah this is NOT a shmup. Its more of a 2D dogfighting game. I like the concept but the game needs some work. I think the interface is too cluttered. Why is there a missile icon? You fire missiles with another button and it doesn't even show the remaining missiles (which would have been helpful) so its useless.
12-10-2012, 02:45 PM
#6
Anyone got gameplay or more screens?

DBC

I give up.
12-10-2012, 03:11 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Nah this is NOT a shmup. Its more of a 2D dogfighting game. I like the concept but the game needs some work. I think the interface is too cluttered. Why is there a missile icon? You fire missiles with another button and it doesn't even show the remaining missiles (which would have been helpful) so its useless.
The bullet count (for the weapon currently in use) is displayed in the upper left corner of the game screen.

Do you have any suggestions as to how we can clean up the interface?

Please visit lightningassault.com to see the app I developed with two of my friends. We're new to this, so any feedback is appreciated!
12-10-2012, 03:16 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Anyone got gameplay or more screens?

DBC
Screen shots available in my album here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/album.php?albumid=1499

I'm currently working on getting a game-play video out.

Looking forward to see what you think.

Please visit lightningassault.com to see the app I developed with two of my friends. We're new to this, so any feedback is appreciated!
12-10-2012, 04:27 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenator View Post
Screen shots available in my album here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/album.php?albumid=1499

I'm currently working on getting a game-play video out.

Looking forward to see what you think.
Good news? Saw the screens and they look great!

Not so good but not bad either news? After seeing the static images, I'm definitely going to need to see this bad boy in action...

Very curious...

DBC

I give up.
12-10-2012, 07:07 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Good news? Saw the screens and they look great!

Not so good but not bad either news? After seeing the static images, I'm definitely going to need to see this bad boy in action...

Very curious...

DBC
I'll post a link to the Youtube video as soon as I finish it!

Would you prefer in-game narration or just a short game-play clip?

Please visit lightningassault.com to see the app I developed with two of my friends. We're new to this, so any feedback is appreciated!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.