Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 12-05-2012, 03:19 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyCulture View Post
Right now Im using Chartboost and its been giving me some good returns. (eCPM $10-$15+) plus it took all of 15 minutes to integrate.
How many installs can you drive per day?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:21 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Found this blogpost about FAAD, what do you think? IMO, author made a fundamental error when he knocked down all downloads in favor of FAAD, however results are still decent. And the price about 3-10k is not that high. Anyone worked with them?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3v View Post
Found this blogpost about FAAD, what do you think? IMO, author made a fundamental error when he knocked down all downloads in favor of FAAD, however results are still decent. And the price about 3-10k is not that high. Anyone worked with them?
Your results will vary. They are good people to work with and you can negotiate a deal that works for you both (within reason of course).

A couple years ago, FAAD pushed our game Tap Studio PRO to #4 top overall free (US) during the promotion.

A few months ago, FAAD pushed our game Tap Studio 3 PRO to #460 top overall free (US) during the promotion.

I think the fremium model has hurt the free app promotions. Of course there are so many more variables it is impossible to know for sure.

Again, your results will vary and I still see some FAAD promoted apps entering the top 10 overall. So it can still work.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I have to agree with what others have said about FAAD services, especially around this time of year. Prices skyrocket and seems like the return might not be quite what it was.

While I obviously feel like Chartboost has the best service out there, I think it's important that you investigate and test several options to figure out what works best for you and your players.

This article might be helpful, too: http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/...ws.asp?c=47107

Though I'd be doing my company a disservice if I didn't call out one of Neon Play's best points: "Of course, this history provided cross promotion opportunities within Neon Play's other games, and it also uses Chartboost's cross-promotion platform, gaining a 16 percent install rate.

"Everyone should be using Chartboost," Christie stated."
Old 12-12-2012, 05:13 AM

A new cross promotion service available is Tap for Tap. It is a free service for cross promotion however, there is a bit of a catch. You can check them out. I donít have any personal experience with them but the concept sounds interesting.

Doing direct deals whether on Chartboost or other platforms is definitely an excellent idea. MarkJ recently provided an excellent case study which you can read here. Itís very interesting and it works well to drive lots of free traffic for him.

http://www.markj.net/launching-hit-t...to-the-charts/

David