Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-27-2012, 06:16 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Two quick questions if Nijo checks back here. Went back through the forums to check the Honourific Titles. Discovered that 50,000 WAS the highest and ranked as "Immortal". It was then said the points were increased to get to the highest titles. I just FINALLY got Immortal at 85,000 BUT it says next Honourific at 90K.

So, are there honourifics above Immortal?

If yes, what and what are the scores needed?
Old 03-28-2012, 04:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dra5 View Post
So, are there honourifics above Immortal?
Heh, yes there are. Sorry.

The achievements stop at 50k because, well frankly that's hard enough to reach, but the titles continue to 100k. Beyond 50k (if my notes are correct) there are:

55000 Incandescent
60000 Sublime
65000 Timeless
70000 Mythical
75000 Transcendental
80000 Eternal
85000 Immortal
90000 Ethereal
95000 Elemental
100000 Infinite
Old 03-28-2012, 09:24 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Okay thanks.

Wow.

100K is, I suppose, theoretically possible - but I'm not sure I'll ever manage to pull it off. It would take getting at least one and likely two more of the 15K+ shots that seem to require a certain degree of luck.

What seems to be needed (for the ones I got anyway) is to have the enemy shield down and your own inner shield intact. IF you can start your long full screen orbital shot AND have the AI take out your inner shield JUST BEFORE your own trajectile would have, that can give your shot the opportunity to get in another few orbits and perhaps add at least another 2-3K to the shot score.

I've got one 17K shot, a 12K, 11k, 9K, 2x 8K and 3x 6K. I need another 14K to break 100K. I'd need to get all 9 shots to at least 10K for that to happen.

Well. I guess that's another reason to keep playing.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:05 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Finally made it. Infinite Grand Master.

So it is possible, but there is definitely a luck factor. There are systems that obviously have the potential for 9k+ shots. Setting them up is really difficult though. It basically requires having your inner shield taken out by the AI (when their shield is gone) at JUST the right moment so your trajectile's orbit changes into a longer shot.

And even when you think the timing was just right, and the orbit will spin into at least a 7k+ hit, the AI hits your trajectile. There doesn't seem to be any way to effectively prevent that.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

You're crazy.

But congratulations!
Looks like it was a tight finish with the other player close behind you....
Old 12-10-2012, 07:10 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Hey...

I was just curious... Is this going to receive an update for OF removal and (my real question) iPhone 5 support?

I wouldn't be surprised if not, but I'd love to have this play in full screen on the new devices. Even if not, I'm still going to reinstall next month when I do get an iPhone 5 and start the game from scratch because it's one of my all time favorite iOS titles...

Just thought I'd ask...
Old 12-11-2012, 04:40 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Hey...

I was just curious... Is this going to receive an update for OF removal and (my real question) iPhone 5 support?

I wouldn't be surprised if not, but I'd love to have this play in full screen on the new devices. Even if not, I'm still going to reinstall next month when I do get an iPhone 5 and start the game from scratch because it's one of my all time favorite iOS titles...

Just thought I'd ask...
Well, it's not top of the priority list.

Here's the problem: if we stretch the play area to fill the larger screen, all the shots will be *completely* different (you know how it is - a small change makes a huge difference). Most of the levels are deliberately chosen to be easier or harder, and all this would be invalidated.

So we could add cosmetic strips of graphics to the top and bottom, or we could say screw the balance, let's make the play area bigger.

Both options are kind of silly. Although you could argue that the existing players would welcome a 'new' set of levels, even if unbalanced.

Thoughts?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:24 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijo View Post
Well, it's not top of the priority list.

Here's the problem: if we stretch the play area to fill the larger screen, all the shots will be *completely* different (you know how it is - a small change makes a huge difference). Most of the levels are deliberately chosen to be easier or harder, and all this would be invalidated.

So we could add cosmetic strips of graphics to the top and bottom, or we could say screw the balance, let's make the play area bigger.

Both options are kind of silly. Although you could argue that the existing players would welcome a 'new' set of levels, even if unbalanced.

Thoughts?
I was actually just kind of hoping for some sort of cosmetic strip... maybe something that would allow for players to use the deadzone to move their shots left+right...

Then again... I don't have an iPhone5 just yet, so I don't know exactly how it'll look (more importantly feel) while playing with the black strips on the screen...

But yeah... nothing that would totally change the game balance.

I will say that it would be nice to have GC support instead of OF... =oP
Old 12-13-2012, 07:46 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
... it's one of my all time favorite iOS titles..
Just jumping in to say that I second this. Even though its been a while since I last played, this is one of my favourite games ever, not even limited to iOS.

I even emailed you (the developer, that is, not SV) a while ago asking about personalities of each of the different enemies.
Must've been years ago now, but I still remember. ^^

Only just noticed this, but is there no iPad version? (I realise now it would mess with game balance, but still!)