Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-04-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Level 24 is interesting as well. This was the first level that required me to pull out paper and pencil so I could work out all the moves to be fast enough before the spikes got me.

I understand the levels with timer elements add variety, but I much prefer the pure puzzle levels.
I adore games of this type, but timed levels are typically a deal-breaker for me, sadly.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
I adore games of this type, but timed levels are typically a deal-breaker for me, sadly.
The timed levels do feel like a bit of a chore to me, but fortunately they are in the minority in the 25 levels I have played so far, and the untimed levels more then make up for them.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:38 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyNation View Post
Hah, that's brilliantly old-school thinking. Pen and paper - absolutely brilliant. You should upload some pics, we'd love to see that!

Seriously, that's brilliant fun. Might start a whole competition based on it!
I found that diagramming where the elements go was a necessity as the timers seem to be quite brisk. My awkward diagrams would probably not be of much interest to anyone.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
My awkward diagrams would probably not be of much interest to anyone.
Well if you really don't want to share that's ok but we're really keen to show the world how much fun the game can be, and I think seeing how you've tackled breaking the game's puzzles up would really be interesting.

Even just for the dev team (Paul Ripley) actually, I know he'd be fascinated

Last edited by AppyNation; 12-05-2012 at 05:44 AM..
Old 12-07-2012, 03:16 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Hi,
It's Paul - thought I'd chip in here!
I'd love to see the diagrams - it's really interesting to see how people approach the puzzles.

A quick note about the timed levels - my intention with these was to add a bit of pressure towards the end of each pyramid, but I made sure that they don't start until you have made a move, so you get time to look at the level and think about how to solve.

Also note that sometimes the spikes or spiders don't appear until you you light a specific crystal - once you work out which one (or sometimes 2), you can change the order you solve the puzzle in, and you should end up with more time!

On pyramid 2, also bear in mind you can sometimes close doors in the player 's corridors - that might be handy when a spider is approaching
Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

A new update of Guide The Light has just hit the App Store.
I've checked with a couple of players who were having crashes, and it looks to be fixed now!
Sorry for any inconvenience, and thanks to those who helped me test the fix.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 AM

When i started playing this game i thought it was one of the best puzzle games i played recently, but then came the timed levels. Every timed level gets more and more annoying up to the point that it was not enjoyable to play the game anymore.
Guide the light without the timed levels = 10
Guide the light with the timed levels = 3
I hope in a future update the timer in the levels is gone.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalic View Post
Guide the light without the timed levels = 10
Guide the light with the timed levels = 3
I hope in a future update the timer in the levels is gone.
Really sorry to hear you don't enjoy them! They've been fairly popular with some players - people who were maybe getting bored with the straight puzzles - but we realise we could annoy other players too

Maybe we'll take them out, we're seeing lots of interesting data from the game at the moment. Apparently lots of people find level 4 very difficult.

Do you have a favourite level?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:07 AM

Don't get me wrong, i think the design of the levels are brilliant and it is a great game, but it is frustating on the smaller ipod screen to get every mirror into position before the timer runs out. I am on level 17 of the jungle pyramid,and even with pen and paper noting the correct position there is barely enough time. Maybe it works better on an ipad. I just like to figure things out in my own time.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I stopped playing when I got to level 25 on pyramid 1. It is the second timed level, if I recall correctly.

I don't hate the timed levels, but I do dislike them. It takes a much bigger commitment for me to work on them then the untimed level as I have to work out the sequence and takes notes as I can't get every step right in time without the exact sequence to refer to. I would prefer it if the timed levels were segregated out from the untimed ones and did not stop me from progressing in the game.

Also, it would be nice if the timed levels were a bit more lenient; it seems that for some steps, the moves have to be done very quickly and without error to beat the clock.