Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Released!

The long awaited universal support for all iOS devices (iPhone/iPod/iPad) has arrived! Go get it now http://bit.ly/SpacewardHo This update incldues Game Center support, with leader boards to see how you compare to the other players, updated user interface dialogs and screens (try out the new Build Ships dialog!) and many other improvements and fixes.

Let us know about any issues or suggestions. Up next, multiplayer!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Just one suggestion. I used to play Spaceward Ho! on my PC many years ago and I seem to remember it being much simpler. Just click on the planet and drag my fleets around to wipe out the other guys. Has it evolved so significantly since then, as I find this app comparatively complex.

Any possibility of reintroducing the simpler version of Spaceward Ho?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:58 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Spaceward Ho! (4x Strategy by Ariton Games/Delta Tao) [Universal]

We wanted to announce that Spaceward Ho! is finally Universal! Now you can go about conquering the galaxy on all your iOS devices. You can read about the game on our main website http://ariton.com or contact us on Twitter @SpacewardHo

Also, feel free to read all up in the iPad forum

Old 12-12-2012, 02:45 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Just in case no one noticed, the iPad thread has been moved here.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:42 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophercotton View Post
The long awaited universal support for all iOS devices (iPhone/iPod/iPad) has arrived! Go get it now http://bit.ly/SpacewardHo...
Nice! I'm excited this is universal now!

Last edited by undeadcow; 12-12-2012 at 08:51 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 08:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Dear Ariton,

I had a very big smile on my face this morning... Spacey is here on my iPhone and I can't believe it! I'm a massive fan from the early 90s and spent many hours with my mates and networked macs. It's a great transfer on to the iPhone / iOS and you have kept the vibe and intensity from the earlier versions. I will be making sure all of my friends get on the case and buy it!

THANK YOU!

I know it's a bit geeky, but I've now played a long cluster game on it and I had a couple of questions / comments:

1) I was unable to scrap any fleets of satellites, that made metal usage rather annoying. Is there a way that I can do this?

2) When I won the galaxy I didn't get to create a new star name. How come?

3) Is there a way to move a single ship to a new fleet in Organise Ships? If you have 50 fighters it is quite useful to be able to move 1 fighter to a new fleet and leave 49 to move on to another planet.

4) Is there a way to display the most recent battle on an uncolonised planet? In the original game you could just double-click on the planet. I had to keep looking through the history bulletins.

Thank you once again,

Dights
Old 12-12-2012, 07:32 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dights View Post
Dear Ariton,
THANK YOU!
You are welcome!

Quote:
I know it's a bit geeky, but I've now played a long cluster game on it and I had a couple of questions / comments:

1) I was unable to scrap any fleets of satellites, that made metal usage rather annoying. Is there a way that I can do this?
Unfortunately, that feature hasn't made it in yet. The one workaround is to scrap the satellite type, which gets rid of all of them. We have it as a bug to fix.

Quote:
2) When I won the galaxy I didn't get to create a new star name. How come?
You only get to name a galaxy when you achieve a new rank. Keep gathering points.

Quote:
3) Is there a way to move a single ship to a new fleet in Organise Ships? If you have 50 fighters it is quite useful to be able to move 1 fighter to a new fleet and leave 49 to move on to another planet.
Good question. The organize fleets dialog still is going to get some more work. I started on it, but wasn't able to finish it before we needed to ship the iPhone version. There isn't an easy way to do it. But you can select the 50 fighters and hit split. and then hit the 25 and hit split, etc. to get down to one and then add the others back. Not very good The other option is to just build one more fighter. though that won't work if you are sending a big fleet with a tanker around. I'll add it to the list for the Organize Fleets to make sure when we get it updated that you can do that.

Quote:
4) Is there a way to display the most recent battle on an uncolonised planet? In the original game you could just double-click on the planet. I had to keep looking through the history bulletins.
That is a good idea to display the battles for uncolonized planets. I'll add that in for the next update.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Nice! I'm excited this is universal now!
I'm sure we could make more if we split them out... but as someone who buys apps, I hate that! So, I was absolutely going to make sure it was universal when we shipped

Enjoy!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Just one suggestion. I used to play Spaceward Ho! on my PC many years ago and I seem to remember it being much simpler. Just click on the planet and drag my fleets around to wipe out the other guys. Has it evolved so significantly since then, as I find this app comparatively complex.

Any possibility of reintroducing the simpler version of Spaceward Ho?
Not sure which version you played. We have done mostly what was in the Mac 5.x version of Spaceward Ho! Some of it gets a little more compressed since you have the smaller screen. But you can definitely still play with just building a big fleet and then sending it around for cleanup If there are parts that are too complex, let us know and we will try to work on it.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:19 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

There is a new way to abandon planets instead of selecting from the menu. First show the planets list, and select the planet you wish to abandon (a.k.a. evacuate)

Then just click the crossed out Hat to the left of the planet name.