Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2012, 07:37 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), iOS 3.x

Default How to wisely spend 15k-30k on new app marketing.

Hi,

We're working on a new game and have a rather sizeable budget of up to 30000$ that can be used on marketing the game. I'd like to ask you what actions did you find worth the money in your experience with paid marketing.

The game is an RPG game with very nice visuals and great gameplay so I'm not afraid about the quality of the game, rather convincing people and letting them know that a game exists at all. I think that the most important moment is the premiere day so I'd like to concentrate the efforts on the day the game is released.

So far I thought of this kind of actions and would like to hear your opinions on them and, If you'd be so kind, to share some of your ideas.

- Facebook/Twitter share/retweet contests with small iTunes gift cards as a prize.
- Buying site skins for a week or two on major App Store Gaming sites (Ta, STP, 148Apps etc. but are they worth it?)
- Buying advertisements on reddit.com relevant subreddits
- Facebook and AdMob ads? (I've read they are not really worth their price, but maybe someone has different experience)
- Press releases via PRMac
- Buying reviews on fiverr for 5$/each

Do you have any other ideas that I could use? Maybe some services that I accidentally omitted?

Best,
Michal