Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-07-2012, 09:21 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Is it safe to assume a better level selection feature will also be available with update 1.1?
Yes, along with a lot of other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0tent1al View Post
I was looking at this, liking what I saw and I can't express enough joy at a developer who hasn't implemented IAP within their title... No game with IAP holds my attention for any length of time, I want to buy a game and enjoy it and progress without consider if I want to spend more to proceed.

Downloading now... And like Zedd2011 said "thank you" and I hope it proves to be very successful for you
You're welcome! And we feel the same way when it comes to offering a paid game without iAP. I'd rather offer a free+ version and a fully paid (no iAP) version simultaneously so that people don't have to worry about the game being a "quarter sucker" (to use the old arcade game parlance) and/or the developer constantly reminding the player why he *must* buy iAP. That way the people who are willing to buy the full version upfront can get the full version without worrying about when the next "Upgrade/Buy" moment is going to hit them. For the people who want to "try before they buy it" can do so with the free version and then either choose to buy the paid version or buy things for their free version. The fully paid version will always be the most economical though if you like the game since we want to thank the players who buy it whole.

Thanks for your interest in our game, we hope you are enjoying it.

Mark
Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSE_MJ View Post

You're welcome! And we feel the same way when it comes to offering a paid game without iAP. I'd rather offer a free+ version and a fully paid (no iAP) version simultaneously so that people don't have to worry about the game being a "quarter sucker" (to use the old arcade game parlance) and/or the developer constantly reminding the player why he *must* buy iAP. That way the people who are willing to buy the full version upfront can get the full version without worrying about when the next "Upgrade/Buy" moment is going to hit them. For the people who want to "try before they buy it" can do so with the free version and then either choose to buy the paid version or buy things for their free version. The fully paid version will always be the most economical though if you like the game since we want to thank the players who buy it whole.

Mark
Great! Had to skip (3 stars) some of the maps. Would love if i can go back and try to perfect them.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:51 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:

Mark
I'm loving it, I understand why this wont run on a iPad 1, very graphically intensive so I am even more pleased that I upgraded to the iPad fourth generation. It runs super smooth and I for one am a big fan of the trial and buy approach. IAP is the death of gameplay

Great work!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:48 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Hey everybody! Seeing as you just cant get enough of mark, he did an interview on The TouchArcade Show if you want to check it out!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Will you be adding Game Center?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSE_Patrick View Post
Hey everybody! Seeing as you just cant get enough of mark, he did an interview on The TouchArcade Show if you want to check it out!
Nice to see TA finally giving MoO some attention and publicity.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavarotti2007 View Post
Will you be adding Game Center?
We've been focusing on it the last couple of days. We will probably have the first stage of its implementation in 1.1 (no leaderboards) and have a fuller implementation in 1.2 or 1.11. Right now 1.1 is moving along very nicely.

Quote:
Nice to see TA finally giving MoO some attention and publicity.
We really appreciate it though. CSE is not a major player on the mobile/tablet stage yet and with all the other great games coming out for the holiday season, they and other sites have a lot to cover. I'm patient and over the next few months MoO is going to evolve so much that I wouldn't mind getting more coverage next year rather than this year. If you look at the my history and the history of my former studio, Mythic Entertainment, we were always "under the radar" until Dark Age of Camelot was a hit. I hope it will be the same way now.

As always, thanks for your interest and as I said in the interview, we won't disappoint you with our efforts.

Mark
Old 12-12-2012, 06:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
We've been focusing on it the last couple of days. We will probably have the first stage of its implementation in 1.1 (no leaderboards) and have a fuller implementation in 1.2 or 1.11. Right now 1.1 is moving along very nicely.

We really appreciate it though. CSE is not a major player on the mobile/tablet stage yet and with all the other great games coming out for the holiday season, they and other sites have a lot to cover. I'm patient and over the next few months MoO is going to evolve so much that I wouldn't mind getting more coverage next year rather than this year. If you look at the my history and the history of my former studio, Mythic Entertainment, we were always "under the radar" until Dark Age of Camelot was a hit. I hope it will be the same way now.

As always, thanks for your interest and as I said in the interview, we won't disappoint you with our efforts.

Mark
Im sure you wont.

I downloaded the podcast already, and will listen to it on my way home from work. Nice to see GC will be implemented soon too. Im on my last chapter now, and hope to see the improved stage selection so i can perfect all maps. But please do take your time. I sure hate playing a game/update so rushed that it doesn't even work. More power to you guys and good luck. As Ive said, CSE will always have my support.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Im sure you wont.

I downloaded the podcast already, and will listen to it on my way home from work. Nice to see GC will be implemented soon too. Im on my last chapter now, and hope to see the improved stage selection so i can perfect all maps. But please do take your time. I sure hate playing a game/update so rushed that it doesn't even work. More power to you guys and good luck. As Ive said, CSE will always have my support.
Thanks, really appreciate it. I'm sure we will screw up something at some point but we will make it right when we do so. I'm really looking forward to the 1.2 update, so much very cool stuff.

Mark
Old 12-12-2012, 09:07 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
how can i missed this great game? insta "late" buy for me. ill spread a good word to my friends if the game really as good as how it looks. hope you guys doing well this xmas season.
Thanks for considering us. As to how you missed it, easily, we didn't do a lot of marketing around its release. We are planning on doing more as the game evolves and word of mouth spreads. As an independent, non-VC backed studio, we didn't want to spend our marketing budget too quickly. As we get closer to the 1.2 release, we are planning on doing more.

I do hope you like the game and if you have any questions/suggestions/etc., please feel free to post here or send us feedback through the game. We want to make MoO the best game it can be so feedback is always welcome.

Mark