Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2221  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:19 PM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,452
Default

The Hobbit was a lot of fun. Look forward to the next entry immensely.

Is it just me, or is there no noticeable difference between 24 and 48 fps for movies? I saw it in 2D btw.
Reply With Quote
  #2222  
Old 12-15-2012, 12:53 PM
5duc29 5duc29 is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,570
Default

The Hobbit Part 1 was really good. I think the critics had too much high expectations after the LOTR trilogy (65% Rotten Tomatoes?!) -- because this movie felt to be on par with my expectations, and presumably everyone else's. Only gripe is the length of the film and movie being about 1/3 of the book's 300 or so pages.. Part one and two should be it but oh well.

Star Trek preview was pretty awesome too.
Reply With Quote
  #2223  
Old 12-16-2012, 02:06 AM
jackbear jackbear is offline
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 45
Default

soo the hobbits is a must for LOTR fans ?? and I though the hobbits only one movies, not 3 part =\

and I'm eager for star trek too...
Reply With Quote
  #2224  
Old 12-16-2012, 02:51 AM
KennyK KennyK is offline
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scarlett Johansson's Hot Tub
Posts: 5,046
Default

In anticipation for the Hobbit, I got the LotR trilogy. Didn't realise how long the movies were, it's crazy!
Reply With Quote
  #2225  
Old 12-16-2012, 03:54 AM
jackbear jackbear is offline
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 45
Default

hmm I think I will watch LOTR trilogy again before go to the movies...
Reply With Quote
  #2226  
Old 12-16-2012, 07:23 AM
ninjackid ninjackid is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 9,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyK View Post
In anticipation for the Hobbit, I got the LotR trilogy. Didn't realise how long the movies were, it's crazy!
The Extended Editions are even longer, those are my favorites!
Reply With Quote
  #2227  
Old 12-16-2012, 07:39 AM
defred34 defred34 is offline
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
The Extended Editions are even longer, those are my favorites!
Yeah. The extended editions are really long. Adds about 10, 20 and 50 mins respectively to each film. Total viewtime for all 3 extended editions surpasses 10 hours!

Btw, I watched the Hobbit yesterday. If you watch it, you realize how great a movie LotR was. The Hobbit movie also suffers from the novel, which has a vastly differing narrative and plotline compared to LotR. And of course PJ decided to expand of the story to include other happenings at that time.

THe Hobbit Part 1 is a good 4/5 movie, but it has a loose story. LotR was tight in respect. Also, I think a proper rating can only be given for all 3 movies combined. They can't stand on their own.
Reply With Quote
  #2228  
Old 12-16-2012, 08:57 AM
ninjackid ninjackid is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 9,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Yeah. The extended editions are really long. Adds about 10, 20 and 50 mins respectively to each film. Total viewtime for all 3 extended editions surpasses 10 hours!

Btw, I watched the Hobbit yesterday. If you watch it, you realize how great a movie LotR was. The Hobbit movie also suffers from the novel, which has a vastly differing narrative and plotline compared to LotR. And of course PJ decided to expand of the story to include other happenings at that time.

THe Hobbit Part 1 is a good 4/5 movie, but it has a loose story. LotR was tight in respect. Also, I think a proper rating can only be given for all 3 movies combined. They can't stand on their own.
Did you see it in 3D?
Reply With Quote
  #2229  
Old 12-16-2012, 09:55 AM
defred34 defred34 is offline
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Did you see it in 3D?
Nope, I'm not a fan of 3D. The only movie I've seen in 3D is TRON: Legacy, which was awesome. Otherwise, for movies shot in the "real world", I think 3D sucks.

I did watch it in Digital 2D though.
Reply With Quote
  #2230  
Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 AM
ninjackid ninjackid is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 9,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Nope, I'm not a fan of 3D. The only movie I've seen in 3D is TRON: Legacy, which was awesome. Otherwise, for movies shot in the "real world", I think 3D sucks.

I did watch it in Digital 2D though.
How about in 48fps?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent